Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Database Administrator will report to the Group ICT Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tool
- Allocating system storage and planning storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreements
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Planning and executing regular backups and recovery tests of databases
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Maintaining archived data
- Contacting database vendors for technical support
- Generating various reports by querying from the database as and when required
- Managing and monitoring data replication
- Acting as liaison with users
Qualifications and Certifications
The DBA should have a degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 5 years’ extensive experience with a range of database products. The relevant certifications are:
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional
- Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator
- MCSA SQL Server 2012
- SAP Sybase
- MCSE Data Platform Solutions Expert
If you qualify for the job and are interested, please send your application and a copy of your CV to email@example.com not later than Friday 7th May 2021.