Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
REPORTING TO HEAD OF NEWS
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a strategic role responsible for fully optimizing our social media platforms with the right content. The objective is to engage, grow and attract audiences to our digital, print and broadcast brands.
• Creatively promote audience conversations on Standard Group social media platforms.
• Manage a team of social media journalists and ensure they share content that is accurate and with no errors.
• Promote the use of social media tools and analytics across the Standard Group newsroom.
• Monitor social media spaces where audiences consume content and implement strategies that will attract and keep users on our accounts.
• Monitor web and social media platforms for User Generated Content and feedback findings to the newsroom.
• Work closely with editors, journalists, TV anchors, radio presenters, etc to implement the best practices in social media and grow audiences on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
• Interact with online users in the name of Standard and answer sensible questions that arise on social media (e.g. mistakes on Standard sites, print editions, TV or radio, critics, etc.) while referring sensitive questions or complaints to the appropriate Editor.
• Train journalists on how to use social media, promote content on social media, tips to increase traffic and engagement on the different products.
• Monitor the emergence of new social media platforms and assesses each platform’s potential value to the Standard Group and makes recommendations which to test, in conjunction with the Digital Desk.
• Participate in hiring, transferring, appraising, suspending, promoting, rewarding, disciplining and handling grievances of employees in the department.
• Ensure that Performance Management process is embraced and continuously being carried out within the departments for effective and efficient service with a view to achieve overall company business goals in line with the Company’s Business Plan
• Ensure that all staff in the Section adheres to the set Company work ethics and discipline for efficient workflow and
• Contribute as a member of the management team to formulate policy, development and implementation of operational policies for the achievement of the corporate plans as stipulated in the Company Business Strategy.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree in Media, Journalism or related discipline; an advanced degree in digital journalism will be an added advantage.
• 5 years’ relevant experience with a bias in digital media.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
• Natural leader with ability to build strong relationships across functional teams and gain the respect of each.
• In depth knowledge of current affairs and media trends.
• Ability to leverage existing and developing future strong relationships within the media industry.
• Solid track record of developing and executing processes/workflows which editorial strategy and revenue growth.
• Proven verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate teams crucial.
• Ability to understand long term effects on the organization.
• Must understand function/discipline planning requirements.
• Contributes to policy making decisions impacting the whole organization
• Ability to make decisions under situations of uncertainty
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, please apply not later than Friday, 07/05/2021 to: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment/