Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Basic Function of the Position:
The incumbent reports directly to the Building Engineer Supervisor. The position holder is employed as a Trades Helper to assist the technicians of the skilled trades in the performance of routine and preventive maintenance, and new installations and demolition work. The Building Engineer Supervisor will assign the incumbent to any of the skilled trade shops on a daily basis to assist the skilled technicians with maintenance and repair work throughout the Embassy Compound (NEC) office buildings, grounds and residential owned/leased properties. In addition to assisting the skilled trade technicians, the incumbent may be assigned tasks include material handling, painting, custodial type work, snow removal, common laborer work, and grounds maintenance and gardening work.
A minimum of two (2) years of maintenance or construction semi-skilled work experience in skilled trades such as mechanical (HVAC and Plumbing), electrical, carpentry, with significant focus on building systems is required.
Must have a basic technical understanding of major building mechanical systems and equipment. Must be familiar with construction techniques and workplace safety, personal protective equipment (PPE) – how and when to use it.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- English level II (Limited knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. ( This may be tested).
- Kiswahili level III (Good knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to use the typical lot of hand tools, small handheld power tools, vacuum cleaners, gardening tools, and ladders
- Must have a valid driver’s license for class B,C,E
- Must be able to work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks
Deadline : 05/11/2021
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.