Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
End to End proactive management of a portfolio of medium criticality ( level 3) IT services to fulfill business demand and SLAs; manage the delivery of service management and improvement activities which delivers additional value or efficiencies to IT services.
Accountability: Parameter Maintenance and Logical Access Management
- The prime responsibility is for maintaining parameters on applications to ensure that Technology can effectively meet targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- The accountability also has a responsibility of analyzing existing parameter set up issues and problems to determine ways to maximize on system capabilities.
- The accountability has the responsibility of ensuring that new parameters and amendment of existing parameters are thoroughly tested and signed off before effecting them onto production
- Finally, the accountability has the responsibility of maintaining Logical Access Management on the non-core banking systems
- Optimize the use of the IT products to deliver tangible benefits to business units and customers
- Provide holistic management of availability that includes people and processes as well as technology
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact IT availability
- Ensure shortfalls in new LAM requirements are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed
- Provide regular reports on parameter set ups and LAM activities to the Head of Service Management
- Organize and maintain a regular review process with both key business and IT representatives
- Act as a coordination point for changes to parameters of applications when needed
- Determine the level of parameter change requirements from the business for new or enhanced IT applications
- Establish measures and reporting that reflect business, user and IT support requirements with regards to parameterization
- Participate in Change Control meetings to assess and authorize changes from an parameter and LAM perspective
- Maintain contacts with the offshore support teams
Accountability: Test Management
- Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments
- Work closely with product teams, IRM and the UAT teams
- Review new products and develop appropriate parameters
- Test new LAM requirements
- Compiles and Review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct parameterisation procedure tests
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct test review
- Coordinate live proving activities
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Accountability: Business Liaison
- Single point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Assist in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
Accountability: Risk Management
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
Accountability: People Management
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader.
- Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role
Education and experience required
- Undergraduate or higher
- 3 years IT experience minimum
Knowledge and skills
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in IT exposure
- Minimum of 2 year service management experience
- Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions (Solid)
- Negotiation Skills (Solid)
- Strategic Thinking (Solid)
- ITIL – Governance Framework (Solid)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal) (Solid)
- Subject matter expertise (Solid)
- Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment (Advanced)
- Conceptual thinking skills (Solid)
- Ability to analyze, make decision and initiate act (Solid)Persuading and influencing
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
Closing Date 2021-05-11