Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the Orange-Fleshed SweetPotato (OFSP) Puree for Bakery Applications in East Africa for Nutrition, Post-harvest Loss Management, and Youth & Women Economic Empowerment project, CIP’s project activities in 2021 include conducting consumer preference and market assessment studies for OFSP puree products in Kenya.
The objective of this consultancy is to collect data which will inform decisions on OFSP product formulations that meet consumer preferences, profile existing markets for the products and identify new avenues for dissemination of the OFSP products.
- Participate in the design of research tools for a consumer preference study and a market assessment study for OFSP products in Kenya.
- Identify study areas, conduct fieldwork, collect, analyze, and interpret the data.
- Write up the results in the form of a report to be shared with project partners and a manuscript for publication in a peer reviewed journal.
- Contribute towards raising awareness to project activities.
- MSc Agriculture, Food Science, or related field.
- At least 6 years in monitoring and evaluation of food crops.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation is a requirement.
- Familiarity with sweetpotato at project level is an advantage.
- Competency in statistical analysis using different packages.
- Ability to accurately capture data, good report writing skills and oral presentations to team members.
- Scientific publication(s) in peer reviewed journals will be an added advantage.
- Highly proficient in English (both spoken and written).
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary group.