Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the Orange-Fleshed SweetPotato (OFSP) Puree for Bakery Applications in East Africa for Nutrition, Post-harvest Loss Management, and Youth & Women Economic Empowerment project, CIP’s project activities in 2021 are centered around nutritional evaluation of sweetpotato roots, puree, and processed products from partners in Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.
In order to ensure that the turnaround time for analysis is within the projects’ timeline, a consultant is required to work on the large volumes of expected samples in the Food and Nutritional Evaluation Laboratory, FANEL located in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Ensure timely analysis of raw and processed products from different crops in the nutritional laboratory.
- Record data and analyze results using different statistical software.
- Interpret the results and write reports to be shared with project partners.
- Participate in laboratory training and maintenance exercises.
- Support lab activities to increase visibility/awareness of the nutritional platform as and when needed.
- MSc in Food Science or related field.
- At least 6 years in a nutritional platform.
- Experience working in a nutritional evaluation laboratory analyzing different crops and processed products is required.
- Competency in statistical analysis using different packages.
- Ability to accurately capture data, good report writing skills and oral presentations to team members.
- Scientific publication(s) in peer reviewed journals will be an added advantage.
- Highly proficient in English (both spoken and written).
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary group.