Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Regional Office based in Nairobi, Kenya is recruiting for a Regional Media & Communications Adviser (RMCA) who will be the media focal point for NRC in the East Africa and Yemen Region. The RMCA will produce content for NRC’s communication channels, provide communications and media support to the Country Offices (COs), pioneer the creative use of media tools in delivering impact within our humanitarian programmes and support a broad range of communication activities from Regional Office and Head Office
- Establish the format and cycle of country communications plan development, and maintain oversight of these plans.
- Initiate, produce and support the production of strong communication products to enhance NRC’s influencing work, build its profile across audiences, as well as public engagement and fundraising;
- Pitch and manage interviews, press releases and field visits to international and local media outlets to draw attention to humanitarian needs and neglected crises, NRC’s work and public advocacy issues;
- Manage media interviews of NRC staff;
- Provide media interview training for NRC staff
- Ensure the regional social media platforms are updated on a regular basis as agreed with HO media.
- Produce and update regular media talking points and support NRC’s contingency communications plans; including rapid reactive responses to events in the region
- Coordinate content harvesting in the region on behalf of NRC HO with fundraising purpose;
- Participate in programme design processes to advise how media and communications tools could be used to enhance NRC’s programme delivery for greater impact.
- Train country teams to develop appropriate donor visibility and fulfil their donor visibility obligations.
- Prepare periodic reports and summaries for the management on regional and national media activities and share these with Regional Director
- Develop and maintain a strong media network for the region, including building relations with journalists and content developers
- Establish and maintain a network of freelance content teams such as photographers and video editors based in the region.
Please click on this job description for more details on the role
Generic professional competencies:
- 5 years’ plus of work experience as a media/communications adviser– preferably related to development/humanitarian crises or an established career in media within the East Africa and Yemen region.
- Experience in producing content for different target audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to find new and creative media and communication angles on stories and pitches;
- Experience in producing social media content;
- Experience in producing photos and videos and in editing;
- Field experience from complex emergencies is desirable;
- Fluency in written and verbal English is essential.
- University degree in Media, Communications or any course relevant to the role
- Good communicator and strong networking skills.
- Ability to handle a large workload, to cope with stress and work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Well-structured and with an ability to deliver on short deadlines.
- Patient, flexible and creative, and it helps to have a sense of humour.
- Diplomatic and ability to communicate openly and with respect.
- Ability to work effectively with others across a broad range of topics and contexts.
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract renewable subject to funding and performance
- Senior Grade 9 in NRC’s grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**