Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the supervision of the Regional Security Director, the Regional Security Coordinator (RSC) will provide support to ESARO Country Offices (12) through technical and operational assistance, monitoring the compliance to Save the Children Security Risk Management Plans of all Country Offices in the region; and on all aspects of staff safety and security and by ensuring appropriate systems are in place at country level; and in reviewing and analysing incident reports and security updates. In addition, the Regional Security Coordinator (RSC) will be available to deploy, sometimes at very short notice, to SCI declared emergencies to ensure safety and security management is part of the emergency response. The Regional Security Coordinator (RSC) will be expected to be able to Train (Trainer), with past experience and ability to facilitate both Face to Face Training and also Virtual Training for Regional Office and Country Office staff throughout East and Southern Africa Region.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from a recognized university/institution.
- Not less than four (4) years’ experience working for INGO or UN in relevant fields.
- Effective technical/instructional writing skills.
- Fluency in English: understanding, spoken & written.
- Good analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage tasks independently.
- Good leadership and communication (interpersonal, verbal and written) skills.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of the job.
- Excellent computer skills with solid knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Experience in facilitating training using modern methods-including Virtual Training.
- Experience and willingness to travelling to foreign countries preferred.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment necessary.
- Experience in conducting Security Assessments is essential.
- Experience of having worked in High Risk Country/Countries is an added advantage (eg South Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria etc)
Contract duration: 2 years
Location: Save the Children operates in 12 countries within the East and Southern Africa Region i.e. South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
This role will be based in any Country Office with SCI Presence under National Contract terms.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers.
Deadline: 17 May 2021 – 23:59 EAT
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.