Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance, but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF’s regional division EMEA Europe, Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the EMEA region is our most important market.
What you can expect
The successful incumbent will be the dedicated link between the Marketing, Sales & Technical organizations. They will identify, develop & implement new business & optimization strategies that will address the needs of the farmer, streamline the existing portfolio, reduce back-office complexity, improve measures against competitor activities, and result in growth in business profitability & market performance. Duties will, inter alia include the following:
- Pro-actively steer & support the positive development & optimization of the current & future product & service portfolio in collaboration with counterparts in Sales & Technical
- Maximize market coverage & profitability in defined strategic segments, whilst keeping costs to a minimum
- Pro-actively seek out & contribute to opportunities that increase the positive brand awareness of BASF & its products
- Be a role model in all matters concerning compliance, anti-trust & business ethics
- Pro-actively source & contribute relevant, accurate & compliant market & competitor intelligence, that supports the development & implementation of crop-, product-, country- & Market Approach Strategies
- Source, assess & review product, price, positioning (segment) and similar data sets of our portfolio, against that of our competitors, per line item and/or segment or crop
- Development of all new product proposals and/or business case submissions & ensure the validity/accuracy of information
- Ensure business cases are managed according to an agreed regional cost budget, following the strategic rules of engagement, with specific focus on resource allocation between “Seed, Harvest & Grow” country segments
- Champion & actively communicate the values, principles & expected operating procedures associated with product Stewardship at every level
What we expect
- A recognised university degree in Business Science (BCom/BSc Com), Marketing, Strategy Development, Business Administration or similar. A degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics or similar will be beneficial
- A recognised qualification in Project management will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ working experience in marketing and/or business development
- An established level of technical knowledge regarding crop protection solutions will be beneficial
- Well informed & experienced with farming & related agricultural market dynamics in Africa
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company. BASF is an equal opportunity employer which we embrace diversity and the principles of employment equity.
Closing date for applications: 14 May 2021