Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are: We are an advisory and research organization focused on advancing and applying behavioral science in the Global South. We work with organizations to build behaviorally-informed solutions to help scale their products, programs, and policies. Our rigorous approach to experimentation has generated impact in a broad range of fields from financial inclusion to health and early childhood development. Busara Center for Behavioral Economics (Busara) welcomes submissions for Expressions of Interest to consultants who specialize in research and project management at an advanced level, for purposes of pre-qualification for the provision of their consulting services.
Background and Objective of the Assignment (Main Outcome)
The main objective of this consultancy is to support the Busara research lab team in the implementation of research projects. The consultancy will be for a period of 6 months. The consultant will require strong project management skills and knowledge of conducting data collection in Kenya.
The Consultant will be called upon to:
Plan and supervise research project implementation across multiple projects for research of academics in Kenya and possibly other project locations. These would include:
- Reviewing study instruments for the study
- Supporting the local IRB process along with the ethics team
- Creating study work plans with the Busara lab team and following the timeline on these activities
- Ensuring all logistical protocols and standards are observed on all project activities. This is by working closely with lab officers to coordinate primary project planning, community entry, hiring, procurement and any other necessary logistics.
- Communicating with researchers with project updates and queries.
- Managing data quality protocols by ensuring and participating in the training of data collection teams, creating and monitoring protocols, tracking data collection progress.
Duties of Busara
- The Busara Research Lead will provide overall clarification on expectations and technical support as required.
- Busara will provide contextual information required.
- Busara’s lab division will lead on the implementation of the quantitative research with support of the consultant.
Duties of the Consultant
- Operate from their own home/office other than in exceptional situations and provide their own equipment, stationery, supplies, and all operational requirements to carry out the assignment and provide the services required.
- Deliver high-quality service within the agreed timelines.
- Liaise with the Busara Manager on a regular basis to report progress, and report any issues and/or concerns that may affect the performance of the consultancy in the course of the assignment.
Competence and expertise required
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in project management and conducting academic research with experience conducting primary data collection.
- Have completed undergraduate studies with at least a second class honors degree in Economics, Social Sciences, or relevant fields.
- Experience with Survey CTO, ODK, or an equivalent survey tool is an added advantage.
- Good presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of English is required.
It is imperative that project deliverables and activities are completed in a timely manner (agreed mutually in the course of the project) and to a relatively high standard, commensurate with Busara norms. It is also important that communication be maintained during the course of the consultancy period with the representative(s) of Busara, with any sustained lapses in communication relayed in advance so as not to leave projects in difficult positions.
Duration of Work
The assignment will be for a period of up to 6 months. The anticipated start date is from April 1, based on prior agreement and approval by Busara. The consultant must be available for regular meetings with the Busara Manager as well as line partners for consultation and discussion purposes.
Interested consultants are invited to submit the following:
(a) Detailed resume/curriculum vitae
(b) Examples or descriptions of past work done (can be included in the cover letter)
(c) All inclusive daily rate for consulting services valid for 1 year – in Kenya Shillings or USD.