Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Bomet County is located in the former Rift Valley Province bordering Kericho County to the North and North East, Narok County to the South East, South, and South West, and Nyamira County to the North West. The county, listed electoral number 36, has Bomet town as its administrative center and covers a total area of 1,997.90 Sq Km.As per the 2009 National Census, the county had a total population of 730,129 of which 49% were males while 51% were females. Bomet County has five electoral constituencies thus: Sotik Constituency Bomet Central Constituency Bomet East Constituency Chepalungu Constituency and, Konoin Constituency.
The County Executive plays a central role in coordination of all County Government functions and programmes and intends to fill the following vacancy arising from the Internal Audit Directorate
6. DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT – J/G CPSB 03 (V/NO: 14) ( 1 POST)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Officer Executive, he or she will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the development of Annual Audit Plans and assist audit staff to plan, organize, direct and monitor audit operations
- Responsible for efficient and effective organization, co-ordination, control and supervision of all audit or administrative functions in the County.
- Secretary to the Audit Committee
- Develop new initiatives aimed at improving operational efficiencies and assess compliance with county policies, procedures and regulations
- Prepare periodical reports for the county audit committee regarding the reliability of existing internal control systems
- Ensure timely and accurate audits are undertaken and sign off the audit reports
- Prepare annual plans and audit programmes to guide the operations of Audit in the Count
- Prepare and implement strategic objective and carry out independent assessments of development and operational risks to ensure efficient and effective use of county resources
- Analyze the impact of Audit policies and regulations.
- Set and maintain professional Audit standards
- Prepare and implement performance contracts, work plans and appraisal system for the section staff.
- Institute operational accountability and oversee finance and asset management of the audit section.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the superiors.
Requirements and Competencies for Appointment:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any other equivalent qualifications
- Master’s degree in Finance or related field of specialization,
- A member of a professionally recognized institute (ICPAK and IIA) and in good standing
- At least Ten (10) years working experience with three years in Internal audit or related position in Public Service.
- Must have attended a Senior Management Course for at least one Month
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Method of application
1. Applications can only be submitted online on or before 21st May, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net or from a link in Bomet County Website https://bomet.go.ke/county-vacancies/ Manual applications will not be accepted. Bomet County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
2. Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 will be required for those shortlisted and MUST submit Copies of the following clearances during the interview:
• Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Higher Education Loans Board;
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
• For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission for University Education.
3. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bomet County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment. Our official email is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Secretary /C.E.O
Public Service Board
P.O Box 605-20400
‘’The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification’’