Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Instiglio is a non-profit consulting firm whose goal is to reshape expectations, raise performance standards, and maximize the impact of the development community. To do so, since our founding in 2012, we have pioneered novel Results-Based Financing (RBF) and Performance Management approaches in developing countries to ensure that every dollar invested in solutions to poverty has the greatest possible impact. Instiglio is helping to build a global results movement in major social sectors, including livelihoods, agriculture, education, health, employment, and governance. During our journey, we have worked with a range of actors; including governments (e.g., Governments of Colombia, Peru, Morocco, and Egypt), multilateral development banks (e.g., World Bank, Inter-American
- Development Bank), development aid agencies (e.g., USAID, MCC, DFID, GAC, SECO), service providers (e.g.,
- Educate Girls, Mercy Corps, World Vision), and private foundations (e.g., IKEA Foundation, UBS Optimus
- Foundation, Fundación Corona, Fundación Bancolombia).
- Instiglio has successfully launched RBF projects in over 25 Latin American, African, and South Asian countries, totaling over $500 million tied to results. Particularly important milestones include the world’s first
- Development Impact Bond (education, India); the first Social Impact Bond launched in a middle-income country (workforce development, Colombia); the first Outcomes Fund (poverty graduation, Kenya and Uganda); and the launch of performance-based contracts with governments in Africa (employability, Morocco). Instiglio
has also advised pioneer RBF transactions in the areas of agriculture and rural development in Colombia and Peru with the Canadian (GAC) and Swiss (SECO) development aid agencies, respectively. Furthermore, Instiglio has increasingly supported governments in strengthening their systems of delivery through multi-year reform processes.
- We are a diverse team of 50+ people, representing 10+ nationalities, with offices in Colombia (HQ), Kenya, Morocco, Peru, and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in impact evaluation (e.g., J-PAL), development banks (e.g., World Bank), country governments (e.g., Rwanda Ministry of Finance, Colombia’s National Planning Department, Congress of Colombia), and research (e.g., Harvard’s Center for International Development).
- You will gain expertise in developing components of RBF instruments while playing a leading role in our projects, building a thorough understanding of different design choices, independently assessing tradeoffs, and making recommendations for our technical designs.
- You will guide stakeholders and clients through difficult yet important adaptations of their practices, translating complex concepts into easy-to-understand insights. You will build rapport with clients by understanding their needs and adding value to their mission. Within the team, you will work directly with our project managers and leads to deliver high-quality services and will eventually have the opportunity to lead teams.The tasks may include:
- Leading and overseeing the development of technical components of RBF instruments from scratch, with a command of all dimensions of RBF, including economic concepts.
- Leading the creation of proposals and client deliverables, articulating technical concepts in an eloquent and
- Managing project budgets and contracts with clients and subcontractors, anticipating issues, and proactively addressing them.
- Planning, delegating and overseeing tasks to effectively and efficiently achieve the best results within the team.
- Proposing,structuring, and overseeing data analyses to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
- Preparing and delivering clear and effective presentations to stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Actively improving our RBF services and our delivery systems.
● Experience:At least 6 years of experience, including 4 years of relevant work experience in international development, consulting and/or in the public sector.
● Education: Master degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business, or related fields.
● Language skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English – C2.
- Proven track record in team, project, and stakeholders management
- Ability to work well with people from different backgrounds and build trust.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, and structured thinking skills.
- Ability to develop complex analytical frameworks and have exceptional working proficiency of the most common analytical principles to give structure to the analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in RBF and/or Performance Management.
- Working with governments and government agencies.
- Work experience in consultancy.
● Knowledge: Results-Based financing mechanisms and/or experience related to the field
● Language skills: Professional working proficiency in French – C1.
Professional Development and Benefits
Senior Consultants at Instiglio have a chance to develop a variety of skills, take on client-facing roles on projects, with the guidance of more experienced senior staff. Senior Associates, who demonstrate readiness to assume a greater level of responsibility, can expect to progress to the manager level within a few years. Instiglio has a strong feedback culture, with all staff receiving quarterly formal, structured reviews, in addition to real-time feedback. Additionally, a mentorship system and development plans are in place to ensure that staff receive proper support in their professional development. Instiglio offers generous benefits, which include personal days, remote work days, travel and health insurance, a company holiday additional to vacation, and parental leave, among others.
Method of application
Please apply here, submitting your CV and cover letter (in English). Deadline is 14th May,2021. In your cover letter answer the following questions: (1) Why are you a good fit for this role? (2) What is your motivation to apply to Instiglio? Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted