Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHIEF SAFETY FIRE OFFICER – GRADE KPC 6
- Ensure serviceability of Fire vehicles, Mobile firefighting equipment, Fixed fire installations, portable firefighting equipment and all firefighting equipment across all KPC facilities.
- Perform inspection of firefighting equipment, write and submit proposals to modify, replace, and repair fire- fighting equipment.
- Develop and implement fire fighting protocols for KPC depots, based on fire fighting equipment.
- Develop and implement fire emergency evacuation plan within KPC depots
- Prepare and submit proposals for repair, modification, or replacement of firefighting equipment
- Undertakes inspection of KPC premises and other hazardous zones to ascertain compliance with safety standards.
- Prepare, coordinate and implement fire training for Emergency Response Training (ERT) members across KPC facilities.
- Provides fire safety awareness to employees and all stakeholders with regards to fire hazards to which they may be exposed.
- Supervise and participate in the inspection of fire fighting equipment in order to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable fire codes, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Perform inspection of firefighting equipment, write and submit proposals to modify, replace, and repair equipment.
- Higher National Diploma in Fire Engineering or Safety Management, Engineering or related field Engineering or its recognized equivalent from a recognised institution with Eight (8) years relevant experience
- Diploma in Fire Engineering or Safety Management, Engineering or related field Engineering or its recognized equivalent from a recognised institution with Twelve (12) years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Demonstrated competence in work performance
- Valid driving license for Class BCE
- Train the Trainer certification will be an added advantage
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge and understanding of KPC Fire Safety working procedures in projects, operations, maintenance and emergency sites.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and team player skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to write reports.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in Fire Safety through continuous professional development.
- Demonstrated skill in carrying out training in fire safety.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website http://www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 18th May 2021.
Candidates interested in the positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
(i) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification