Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terminal Manager – Grade KPC 4
- Ensure storage and transportation of petroleum products through the pipeline in the most efficient, safe and economical manner.
- Ensuring that a workable supply logistics programme, which is based on the statistical figures of the product supply and the corresponding product requirements, is maintained.
- Ensuring the maintenance and preservation of the required product quality standards in the pipeline and storage system through liaison with SHEQ Manager.
- Liaison with Oil Marketing Companies and other stakeholders on ullage allocations, product transportation and pipeline supply logistic programme and other operational matters.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the Operations Manager and other stakeholders on the day to day running of the Depot.
- Advice the Operations Manager on changes in operational requirements which may be necessary for optimization of petroleum pumping.
- Ensure safe and proper equipment and machinery utilizations are achieved.
- Liaise with Maintenance Manager that proper maintenance schedules are affected to improve on plant and equipment availability and efficiency.
- Ensure that budgetary provisions are made while expenditure in the department is controlled within agreed budgets.
- Follow correctness and timely production of all Operations Department management reports and ensure proper dispatch and distribution of reports as necessary.
- Ensure that all safety regulations are adhered to and that the environment is protected.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic corporate plans and budgets aimed at improving organisation performance.
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Coordinate and implement training programs in Operations department, aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant experience with at least three (3) years in a management capacity.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering, Analytical Chemistry or recognized equivalent.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Corporate membership to a relevant professional body e.g. EBK, CSK
- Demonstrated competence in work performance and results
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Key Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of engineering aspects in Oil/gas Industry including broad knowledge of local and international standards.
- Strong well- developed communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching, mentoring and counselling
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website http://www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 18th May 2021.
Candidates interested in the positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
(i) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
(ii) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
(iii) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
(iv) Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
(v) Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification