Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Across East Africa and Yemen, millions of people are displaced due to conflict, climate change and other crises. The Norwegian Refugee Council is at the forefront of responding to their immediate needs, their protection and long-term solutions to their displacement status. NRC’s Regional Office in Nairobi is recruiting a Regional Programme Director. This role offers a great opportunity for an experienced programme strategist, humanitarian manager and innovator to lead the strategic evolution of NRC’s rapidly growing regional portfolio across ten countries, whilst also influencing the wider humanitarian sector towards greater impact for those it serves. Based in Nairobi, the position manages an existing team of leading technical advisors and is a key contributor to global, regional and country teams.
Role and responsibilities
The Regional Programme Director has overall responsibility for programme strategy development, programme quality, implementation and donor engagement in the region. Specifically, they will be responsible for:
- Coordinating programme contributions to the development of regional and country strategies;
- With programme teams and the Regional Management Team, planning and overseeing investments in the support of countries that enable them to deliver on approved country and regional programme ambitions;
- Overseeing specific advances in NRC’s Innovation, Protection, Markets and Digital programming, through an increasingly localised and networked approach;
- Overseeing programme learning cycles, lessons and their dissemination between country programmes;
- Enhancing the operation and the structure of the Regional Programme Team in line with agreed country priorities and needs;
- In collaboration with regional and country colleagues, overseeing the development of multi-country learning, programmes and strategic initiatives, including managing the EAY Innovation Garage on behalf of countries.
For the full job description please click this link.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant leadership experience within the humanitarian field;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic would be desirable.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of, and experience with key humanitarian institutional donors, including ECHO, the UN, USAID and FCDO;
- Proven results in growing a significant portfolio through delivering quality programmes and providing an improved return on investment for donors and programme participants;
- Success in overseeing organisations’ innovation ideation and investment processes;
- Experience of working with advocacy or research teams to increase investment in research and developing evidence for systems change.
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take initiative.
- 24 months fixed term contract renewable subject to funding and performance;
- An opportunity to work at a family duty station;
- Management Grade 12 in NRC’s grade structure;
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause;
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**