Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, trading as Trade Development Bank (TDB), is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving public and private sector clients in most of the Eastern and Southern African states. TDB’s objective is to provide short, medium, and long-term financing to viable trade, projects, and infrastructure transactions in its member states.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development, and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates who are nationals of TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position.
In the pursuit of TDB’s vision to be a world-class African DFI advancing the economic development, integration and prosperity of the Region, the role of TDB’s Communications Team is to spearhead the Bank’s communications activities, in collaboration with all Departments, in order to boost TDB’s brand equity, enhance business development and quality growth, and in turn, achieve its vision.
Reporting to the Executive, Corporate Affairs and Investors Relations or designate, the Communications Officer ensures that all duties and tasks will be undertaken in view of ensuring that the Bank’s brand is projected positively, its reputation enhanced, and in support of the Bank’s mandate.
The responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Act as a Content Writer and Editor in developing contents including press releases, articles, papers, blog posts, infographics, website contents, magazines, speeches, talking points and notes, awards submissions, contents for marketing collateral, and other write-ups
- Particpate in the organization and sponsorship of events, media engagement and PR campaigns, internal communications, digital marketing, and Corporate Social Responsibility programs
- Development of contents for and coordination of design and production of all marketing collateral (digital, print, audio, video, corporate gifts, and stationery, etc.)
- Develop and keep updated a system and research folder to systematically source, collect, and organise information, knowledge and data from internal primary sources and secondary sources (subscriptions, datasets from reliable sources, etc.)
- Undertake research on various relevant topics as required
- Manage subscriptions, TDB website, intranet, and social media
- Manage photography and videography production as required as well as the visuals assets database of the Bank
- Produce quarterly and yearly TDB public relations and visibility reports
- Support TDB’s Communication Team with overall brand management, strategy development, surveys, budget and workplans, and procurement
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Masters in Communications, Media Studies, Economics, Business Administration, or relevant discipline with relevant professional training as an added advantage
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant professional experience in a relevant field (communications, journalism, etc.) in an international/regional organization environment
- Strong verbal and writen communications skills with proven analytical and business writing skills and proficiency in the use MS Office applications
- Excellent formatting skills, with an eye for aesthetics and design
- Ability to travel regularly, work in a multicultural environment, manage dynamic priorities and work under pressure to deliver on strict deadlines
- Ability to work with various stakeholders externally and internally at the same time as a time player, with a keen understanding of the field of communications and a positive attitude
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and photography is a plus
- Fluency in English and French required
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications by 31st May 2021.
Applications should include a resume, a statement of interest, academic and professional certificates, three references, and two examples of write-ups developed within the past two years.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further. TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.