Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Nurse Manager, Surgical Ward.
- Complete head to toe assessment and re-assessment of patients to identify their care needs
- Develop written care plans based on patients’ needs, monitor and evaluate effectiveness of interventions
- Carry out hemodynamic monitoring to include vital signs, neurological and fluid status; labs and radiological evaluations
- Document all assessment data, investigation results, care given, discussions with the multidisciplinary team, family/patient interactions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Administer medication safely, monitor patient responses to medication and promptly report adverse reactions.
- Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with Aga Khan University Hospital Guidelines on waste management
- Assist patients with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing and dressing
- Prepare for and assist physicians to perform various procedures such as Lumbar Puncture and insertion of invasive lines
- Carry out pre and post-operative care for the surgical patient
- Care for the psychiatry patient as per policy on Psychiatry Care.
- Maintain adequate airway management to include oxygen therapy, nebulization and suctioning
- Promptly report both clinical and non-clinical unusual findings/incidences to the nurse manager, team leader or physician
- Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies.
- Participate in quality initiatives including clinical care program certification (CCPC)
- Care for equipment through cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up of nonfunctional equipment to the nurse manager
- Follow discharge procedure of assigned patients according to hospital protocol, and ensure follow up appointments are made
- Participate in unit based nursing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, audits, spot checks and skill checks
- RN from a recognized school of nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of current practices in Medical-Surgical nursing
Closing Date: 17/05/2021, 9:59:00 PM