Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Type of Contract: 7 months renewable based on funding
Duty Station: Kakuma / Kalobeyei
Reports to: Program Coordinator
To effectively implement FCA Education Programme activities in Kakuma/Kalobeyei. He/she will ensure quality delivery of programmes and maintenance of high professional standards of all our Education Programmes. The Education Officer will be responsible for implementation, monitoring and reporting of all education programmes
- Program Planning:
- Under the direction and guidance of the Education Project Coordinator, coordinate plans for the implementation of the project activities in all target school communities.
- Work with the Education Project Coordinator and other education team members and partner organizations to develop project implementation and procurement plans.
- Work with the Education Project Coordinator and the MEAL Team to prepare and/or revise project monitoring tools to track indicators and monitor achievement of objectives and impact of the program.
- In collaboration with the Education Project team, prepare plans for capacity building and training of school managements on various trainings needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Education Project Coordinator/specialist to design criteria for selection of trainees for the school-based teacher-training program.
- Prepare plans for regular field monitoring visits together with Education Project Coordinator and other Education staff.
- Program Implementation:
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with the approved work plans and with the involvement of partners and concerned stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensure project activities are implemented in the most efficient, effective and sustainable manner.
- Ensure that the school-based teacher training program is implemented effectively.
- Assist the Education Project Coordinator in the development and implementation of a modality of strengthening and improving management of schools committees and pupils through community mobilization and improvement of training materials and programs.
- Ensure effective and efficient distribution of textbooks and other instructional materials to target schools.
- Conduct regular data collection using existing tools in order to track project performance on indicators and measure overall impact and for donor reporting purposes and make recommendations on the improvement of these tools.
- Ensure that good practices and lessons are documented and shared with the MEAL team and the education team for replication and wider dissemination.
- Travel to all project sites to conduct regular monitoring of projects quality together with other project team members.
- Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Ensure that field based monitoring data and information is collated regularly and made available to Education Project Coordinator and the MEAL Team for reporting and monitoring purposes.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Team, focus on project data collection to generate practical information that can be used for ongoing program decision-making while also capturing results at the impact level.
- Assist the Education Project Coordinator in preparation of periodic progress reports in a timely manner for both internal and external use.
- Program Support Operations:
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure operational systems are in place to support field activities including logistics (transport, warehousing and asset management), procurement, security and administration.
- Coordinate with other FCA programs/sectors to ensure integration and that the projects runs smoothly and efficiently and draws from best experiences and lessons for improved programming.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Education/ Social sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in education sector especially in refugee setting.
- Knowledge of education in emergencies, education sector policy, child rights and protection issues.
- Experiences of facilitating community-based training, capacity building school managements, and awareness campaigns.
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Positive attitude towards community work with emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support participatory, innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all children and their culture diversities.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kiswahili and the local language in the camps and the host community.
- Good report writing skills.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Commitment to Finn Church Aid Child Protection Policy.
- Previous experience in working with INGOs delivering education and girl child education services
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm for education
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the dynamics of the refugees is essential
- Experience of working with communities and other agencies that support education.
- Experience in delivering digital/virtual learning programmes.
Method of application
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy job title in the subject line
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications