Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Human Resources Business Partner, East and Southern Africa – Job Reference: HRBP/OPS/05/2021
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. Under its current strategy, AGRA continues to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support the successful delivery, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Human Resources Business Partner, East & Southern Africa.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
At AGRA we believe Agriculture is the single greatest opportunity to deliver inclusive economic growth, jobs, and health to the African continent. An alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent combined with an inclusive and diverse workforce from 24 nationalities. Our values of (I-RISE; Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Stewardship and Equity.) espouse our commitment to a call to action to go beyond ourselves as we arise and transform Africa’s Agriculture.
When you join us, we present you with intellectually stimulating assignments and structured career advancement with a commitment to have a healthy ratio of open positions filled internally through promotions and transfers. This is after setting you up for success with a World Class Onboarding for new hires where a bespoke induction trains on all aspects of the role that you will need to succeed. You will gain a full understanding of our lofty ambitions to transform African agriculture, and how you can contribute to an amazing employee experience.
An attractive remuneration package benchmarked at the 67Th Percentile of the Market with fabulous benefits such as pension, medical aid, life assurance and provision of tools of trade that allow you to work productively anywhere; which are commensurate with this position’s responsibility, scope and impact.
We are looking for people who are passionate about Africa, curious and collaborative to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources & Administration, the Human Resource Business Partner contributes to organizational performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the organization objectives.
S/he is responsible for implementing human resource policies relating to the effective functioning of AGRA, and provide human resources support to the Unit, Divisional, Regional and Country Offices and other management staff in the areas of recruitment, organizational design, change management, industrial relations and disciplinary hearings, performance management, induction, compensation, remuneration, benefits, learning, as well as employee welfare.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implantation of human resource policies and procedures this cuts across issues in relation to working conditions, recruitment, compensation and benefits, performance management, leave management, work-life balance, staff development, diversity and inclusiveness issues for staff, disciplinary procedures, absence management and coordinate staff separation processes.
- Capture and analyze feedback from the internal customer segments on an ongoing basis.
- Avail Job Descriptions for all roles within approved structure and personnel budget.
- Timely update and maintenance of the Human Capital Management System with complete and accurate employee data.
- Guide Functional, Divisional and Country Heads as well as other AGRA staff on current, relevant human resources practice and employment law, as well as be the Single Point of Contact for all HR issues in the assigned regions.
- Play a pivotal role in shaping the AGRA culture, and creating a one AGRA culture across multiple regions.
- Guide on the development of HR strategy, and provide strategic input to people-related issues along the Employee Life Cycle.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver trainings as well as onboarding and inductions for new staff.
- Oversee staff welfare activities such as organization of office events, farewell parties, staff retreats, and any other impromptu HR and other organizational functions as required.
- Prepare regular HR, Management and Trend Reports as required.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resource Management practice.
- 4 to 5 plus years of progressive experience in talent acquisition, talent management, compensation and benefits, employee engagement and learning and development roles.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business Administration, or equivalent degree from a recognized University/Institution.
- MBA (Human Resource Management) will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) or its equivalent.
- Computer and data savvy, experience in working with a Human Resource Information System.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labour relations, preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a diverse environment, organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
- Thoroughly familiar with and experience in working with HR regulations and reporting requirements
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 19th May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer