Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ForumCiv is a Swedish democracy and rights organization with about 170 Swedish member organisations with diverse partner organizations and networks worldwide. Founded in 1995, ForumCiv’s vision is “A just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change” while its mission is “to advocate for changes that contribute to a just and sustainable world; and to strengthen marginalised communities who organize to claim their rights.”
We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights. We mediate grants from Sida to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Vilnius, Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya and Liberia. ForumCiv was founded in 1995 and is the largest civil society platform in Sweden with about 170 member organizations.
ForumCiv Regional Office Eastern & Southern Africa interventions are mainly centered around civil society strengthening, social accountability and community empowerment interventions with overarching objective of improving the democratic space in Kenya through fulfillment of rights, equal gender participation and sustainable use of natural resources. To effectively achieve this, RO ESA works with a broad range of partners and stakeholders both local and international within the different spheres of its work.
Purpose of position
ForumCiv is looking for a temporary Programme Officer for the Wajibu Wetu Programme. The job holder is responsible for assessing applications and reports from partners and ensuring they comply with ForumCiv’s framework. Analyze and Monitor partners’ geographical context and thematic trends and participate in outcome harvesting.
Our person will be responsible for financial management, timely disbursement of funds to partners, and proper accounting and compliance within ForumCiv specific sub-granting requirements. The job holder will work closely with the finance and programmes team to ensure that partners meet donor contractual obligations and project deliverables. The job holder is also responsible for providing technical support to civil society organizations as part of ForumCiv’s financial management and compliance-related matters. The position is based in Nairobi.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Assess intervention applications and reports in accordance with ForumCiv’s framework for sub-granting and recommend decision to Grants Committee.
- Provide coaching to applicant organisations on ForumCiv’s/Wajibu Wetu’s Theory of Change and framework for sub-granting.
- Assess and monitor the capacity of the partners to meet the and compliance requirements as per ForumCiv grant agreements and general conditions.
- Continuously monitor the grant expenditures by partners in Project implementation in line with the approved budget.
- Review quarterly, bi-annual, and annual financial reports from the partners.
- Monitor geographic contexts and/or thematic trends relevant to the sub-granting portfolio and prioritised areas of ForumCiv.
- Identify issues related to Grant, Project and Programme implementation in a timely manner and propose appropriate program adjustments.
- Contribute to ForumCiv’s overall application and reporting processes to donors and/or
- Contribute to and carry out capacity development for Partners.
- Conduct monitoring field visits to partner organizations to monitor grant utilization and compliance.
- Prepare reports on field findings and recommendations, follow-up the progress on the recommendations,
- Contribute to the organizational learning and development of ForumCiv in general and the unit/office in particular.
- Contribute to a constructive and good work environment in ForumCiv in general and in the unit/office.
- Any other duties as may be delegated and allocated by the Programme Manager
Knowledge, skills and qualities required
- Relevant academic degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, Programme management, Human Rights or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the development sector.
- Good understanding of the role of civil society for/in development.
- Appreciation of democracy, human rights, gender equality and innovative ways of working that contribute to societal changes
- Good ability to combine theory with operational work and perform qualified analysis and site visits.
- Good knowledge in Programmme Management, Grant Administration and Capacity Development
- Ability to develop quick, productive working relationships with the programme team and with partners
- Ability to express oneself orally and in writing in English.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in assessing programme and project applications and reports.
- Good knowledge in one or more of ForumCiv’s development perspectives (Gender Equality, Environment and climate change, Conflict and Do-No-Harm) and rights-based approach.
- Practical working experience in one or more of Wajibu Wetu Programme thematic areas of Human Rights, Democracy and Gender Equality
- Experience in working with both conventional and non-conventional civil society actors
- An appreciation of the creative sector as a catalyst for social change.
- Good contextual knowledge in specific socio-political and economic areas.
Personal qualities (generic)
- Integrity and good judgement.
- Relationship building.
- Cultural awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Service minded and clear.
- Analytical skills.
- Structured and quality minded.
- Flexible and able to works with several different tasks
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to respond to feedback from partners in a constructive manner
How to Apply
ForumCiv is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position. Candidates should submit an application in English, consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position.
Send the application in an e-mail to address: firstname.lastname@example.org subject heading: Programme Officer – Temporary Cover not later than 17th May 2021. We look forward to your application!