Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ForumCiv is a Swedish democracy and rights organization with about 170 Swedish member organisations with diverse partner organizations and networks worldwide. Founded in 1995, ForumCiv’s vision is “A just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change” while its mission is “to advocate for changes that contribute to a just and sustainable world; and to strengthen marginalised communities who organize to claim their rights.”
We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights. We mediate grants from Sida to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Vilnius, Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya and Liberia. ForumCiv was founded in 1995 and is the largest civil society platform in Sweden with about 170 member organizations.
ForumCiv Regional Office Eastern & Southern Africa interventions are mainly centered around civil society strengthening, social accountability and community empowerment interventions with overarching objective of improving the democratic space in Kenya through fulfillment of rights, equal gender participation and sustainable use of natural resources. To effectively achieve this, RO ESA works with a broad range of partners and stakeholders both local and international within the different spheres of its work.
Purpose of position
ForumCiv is looking for a hands-on Programme Support Intern to be a key member of the Programme team. The candidate in this role will gain a wide range of knowledge and experience during the 3 months at ForumCiv. This internship position will provide an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and high-performing part of ForumCiv.
Major duties and responsibilities
The Programme Support intern will provide a range of programmatic and administrative support to the Wajibu Wetu Programme. Specific duties of the intern will be assigned by the Programme Manager as established by the programme unit key tasks.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Communications and Visibility Support
- Work closely with the Regional Office Communications Officer in the implementation of the communication strategies to generate outreach, participation, and engagement
- Support programme related communication initiatives like capturing, preparing, and disseminating information and communication materials and documents on relevant platforms and channels.
- Contribute to the collection of comprehensive stories of change and impact across the programmes of work to inform relevant donors and stakeholders
- Support the planning coordination and execution of strategic external activities for the regional office in a manner that promotes and encourages ownership and participation from a range of stakeholders
- Analyse, interpret and leverage insights from social media analytics to support the creation of strategic content
Programme and grant management support
- Support the program team on day-to-day programme implementation.
- Ensure that administrative tasks are conducted in accordance with ForumCiv policies and standard operating procedures.
- Support documentation and general coordination of programme unit initiatives.
- Support capacity development of initiatives of implementing partners.
- Ensure proper record and filing system for all programme documents and other correspondences for easy reference according to set guidelines.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the Programme Manager.
Knowledge, skills and qualities required
- A first degree in social sciences, preferably in Communications, Development studies, or related from a recognised university
- Appreciation of democracy, human rights, gender equality and innovative ways of working that contribute to societal changes.
- Good analytical, writing, listening and communication
- Knowledge of social media strategies and digital analytics is preferred
- Ability to develop quick, productive working relationships with the programme team.
- Self-starter, good time management with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels
- Experienced in working in a multicultural setting
- High level of integrity and good judgment.
- Ability to multitask and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling communications materials
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Please note that Internship positions at ForumCiv are not salaried; only a monthly stipend will be offered to the successful candidate.
- This position is offered for a three months’ contract period, starting as soon as possible. The position is located at ForumCiv’s office in Nairobi.
- Benefits of an intern at ForumCiv will include a great hands-on learning experience at a well-established non-profit organization, exposure to various development programmes, work within a diverse multicultural team, and the ability to network with a wide variety of individuals.
How to Apply
ForumCiv is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position. Candidates should submit an application in English, consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position.
Send the application in an e-mail to address: email@example.com subject heading: Programme Support Intern not later than 17th May 2021. We look forward to your application!