Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Project:
The project is a 5-year USAID funded service delivery project, providing HIV care and treatment, as well as services in the area of family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (FP/RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). The project is focused on increasing the use of county-led health and social services in four counties in Kenya, namely Baringo, Laikipia, Samburu and Nakuru.
Position Title: Technical officer- Nutrition
The project has these key sub-purposes:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support in implementation of nutrition interventions covering RMNCH and HIV programming within the stated program areas.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support integration of nutrition services in various clinics with particular reference to RMNCH programs, child survival and integration into T.B. and HIV & AIDS interventions.
- Actively participate in the sub-county and health facility supervision activities.
- Capture, update existing data and give summaries for nutrition services in line with the HMIS and the CHANIS- ensuring active growth monitoring in the CWC, maternal nutrition incorporated in the ANC, FP and post-natal clinics.
- Conduct mentorships to HCWs and by extension CHVs to increase the capacity for nutrition assessment, interventions, and monitoring.
- Support micro-nutrient supplementation, deworming and reporting of the same in the DHIS.
- Provide nutrition update to clinical and program staff.
- Develop and ensure integration of nutrition activities in the facility work plan.
- Support the Implementation comprehensive MIYCN program with strong Behavior Change Communication approaches in line with the county nutrition action plans.
- Support development of clear nutritional referral and linkage systems within the different departments in the health facility.
- Strengthen nutrition indicator monitoring and evaluation systems within the health facility.
- Make recommendations on effective, evidence-based and cost-effective nutrition-intervention approaches and activities.
- Compile a detailed report on nutrition interventions on a monthly and quarterly basis and provide feedback through presentation to the Project Management Team (PMT) with summarized accomplishments, recommendations and budget.
- Offer technical support to other projects within the organization based on need.
- Supporting and overseeing implementation of community nutrition activities, behaviour change practices and developing nutrition strategies for sustained nutritional health programs
- Represented the organization in multisectoral forums involving different stakeholders, e.g. collaboration with Ministry of Livestock, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Education among others
- Support in policy development, advocacy, proposal writing, development of work plans for donor support, compiling program reports which includes the quarterly and annual nutrition reports as well as development of County Nutrition Action Plans ( Baringo and Nakuru)
- Participate in National policy development forum- Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition in Emergencies policy
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience in supervision and mentorship is essential Demonstrate knowledge and skills in nutrition programming Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation and public speaking skills. Strong, experience-based facilitation and negotiation skills. Strong training skills. Creativity, innovative and ability to adopt to challenging work environments.
Minimum Requirement Standards:
Registered by the Kenya Nutrition and Dietetics Institute with a valid practice license. Minimum Master’s degree in Nutrition with 5-7 years relevant work experience. TOT on Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) and Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) TOT on Positive Deviance Hearth model(PD-Hearth) Trained on Monitoring and Evaluation of population and health programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com. Please quote the Job Title provided on the subject line while sending your application & CV in one folder (pdf format) including salary requirements and availability to be received by 9th May 2021.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.