Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Architecture Intern to assist the engineering team on architectural reviews and drawing activities.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa www.ilri.org
About the position:
The intern should have the ability to apply architectural and drawing best practice at the workplace for an assorted range of internal assignments such as drawings, structural reviews, designs, bills of quantities and interior design renders.
Under the overall supervision and mentorship by the Facilities Engineer, the intern will perform the following tasks: –
- Assist in site visits and site surveys to assess ILRI buildings and locations for defects/conditions.
- Generate reports on building and site status and recommendations.
- Assist in designs, drawings and reviews of buildings, fixtures, structures and landscapes.
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks such as inspections of ILRI buildings and sites.
- Conduct contractor site visits for architectural and interior design works.
- Assist in the inspection of contractor work sites during execution of works having interior design components.
- Update existing data systems with drawings, designs, renders and bills.
- The ideal candidate should be in their final year of studies undertaking either a degree or Diploma program from one of the national universities/ technical training institutions that provide training in Architecture, Architectural studies or Interior Design
- Knowledge on Architecture Design and Computer Aided Design software.
Location: ILRI, Nairobi, Kenya.
Duration: 3 months.
Terms of appointment:
- A monthly stipend to meet daily living expenses.
- Medical, Life and personal accident insurance.
How to apply: All applications MUST include the following (applications not containing these documents will not be considered):
- A cover letter addressed to Head of Capacity Development, expressing interest in the internship opportunity and the motivation. The position title and reference number (REF: INT/ILRI/ENG/05/2021) should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- Academic qualification transcripts/ certificates.
- University internship letter
Applications must be submitted by clicking on the tab “APPLY NOW” on or before 18th May 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in acquiring their internship experience at ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org