Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PCEA Kikuyu Hospital is one of the leading Mission Hospitals which works to promote the well-being of all people through provision of holistic and quality health care services while witnessing the Love of Christ through healing. We provide specialized services in: – Ophthalmic, Orthopedic, Dental, as well as General medical services.
The Hospital is soliciting for qualified applicants for the position of Credit Control Accountant.
- O Level certificate
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting and Economics.
- At least CPA (K), ACC or relevant Qualification.
- Minimum of three years experience in Accounts and in particular Credit/Debtors management.
- Current Police Clearance Certificate
Purpose of the job
The purpose of the position is to manage the credit and debtors function in the Hospital.
- Ensures proper maintenance of debtors ledger in the HMIS.
- Prepares monthly aged debtors balances and collects current and old debtors balances.
- Reviews debtors balances and preparing exceptional reports and amounts to write off.
- Develops and reviews credit control policies covering all hospital debt management.
- Preparation of monthly staff debtors reports.
- Ensures board members bills are invoiced and sent by 5th of the following month.
- Ensures that clients statements (companies, schools, insurance, church organizations)are finalized and sent by the fifth of the following month.
- Prepares overall debtors reports on overdue accounts and provisions to be made in the financial statements.
- Ensure that all corporate debtors have valid contracts.
- Ensures that approval of all debts is supported by security (tittle deed). Acceptance of tittle deed requires that 75% of the bill be paid before acceptance of the security.
- Checks patients invoices/statements to ensure accuracy of the same.
- Follows up on patients outstanding hospital bills to clear as per agreement.
- Handles patients social bills related issues.
- Ensures that all patients have adequate deposit. Theatre cases are paid in advance.
- Prepares weekly discharge reports and submits them to management for further action.
- Ensures patients have adequate deposits and committal letters are obtained from corporate clients and billed accordingly and per management.
- Ensures that patients transfers are done only when bill is cleared.
- Spearheads negotiations with insurance companies, banks and other corporates for provision of medical services and signing of medical services.
- Prepares of Debtors schedule sand liaising with external auditors on debtors balances and management.
- Supervises, mentors and coaches credit control staff.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should use the online application form on the hospitals website. Applications should be received not later than 14th May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.