Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our Client, National Housing Corporation (NHC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament Cap. 117 whose mandate is to implement the Government’s Housing Policies and Programmes. NHC is seeking to recruit results-driven and highly motivated individuals to fill the following exciting and challenging positions of Senior Estates Officer (Marketing & Valuation)
The Estates Division’s main purpose is that of managing all NHC-developed projects and properties. Its overall responsibility includes administration maintenance and undertaking repair works of all Corporation schemes and properties, regional coordination, marketing, and sales of NHC developed houses as well as carrying out valuations, feasibility, and market studies for the Corporation.
Reporting to the General Manager Estates, the Senior Estates Officer will be responsible for the management and administration of NHC developed properties and assets, including those repossessed from various local authorities, in collaboration with all other divisions of the Corporation. The officer will also be responsible for valuation and marketing, estate management, maintenance, and regional coordination. He/she will:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake matters of Estates administration including, leasing, letting, and advising on property trends and prices in consultation with the General Manager Estates;
- Responsible for advertising and marketing of properties developed by the corporation including preparations of letters of offer and leases in liaison with Legal section and opening of accounts for new tenants;
- Undertake valuation of properties and Corporation’s assets for all intents and purposes including insurance, sale, and disposal;
- Undertake estates management functions related to letting and sale of properties and rent default enforcement;
- Advise Management on letting and allocation of rental, commercial, mortgage, and tenant purchase schemes; including rent determination, enforcing collection and accounting thereof in collaboration with Finance division;
- Negotiation and supervision of service contracts as approved by Management;
- Maintenance and repair of NHC buildings, estates as well as undertaking user reaction surveys and all other incidental matters; and
- Ensure payment of statutory (land rates, land rents) and utility bills (water and electricity)
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics, Real Estate or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Possess a post-graduate diploma in any of the following fields: Property Management/ Housing Administration/Valuation/Estates Management;
- Be registered as a full member in good standing of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK) for a minimum period of six (6) years;
- Have nine (9) years’ work experience in Real Estate, Housing or Property Management; and
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of existing Property laws and Real Estate management.
- Knowledge of computerized systems relevant to the position.
- A highly analytical individual with the ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills and an effective communicator;
- Personal integrity with good work ethics and knowledge of principles of good corporate governance;
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Remuneration & Employment Terms
Grade 11 – Gross: Ksh. 165,749 – 230,715 Per monthGrade month
All positions will be on a three (3) year renewable contract.
Successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting.
Applicants can access detailed role profiles for all the above positions and how to apply via the Deloitte e-recruitment platform https://apply.workable.com/deloitte-eastafrica/.
To be considered, your application must be received no later than Friday, 4 June 2021 addressed to the contact below
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; email or hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
Email or hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
National Housing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.