Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Vice Chancellor- Academics Affair (1) Position
1. Shall be the head of the Academics in the university and ensure efficient coordination of learning programs
2. Ensure that policy matters and important decisions made by the Senate are communicated to all students and academic staff, as may be appropriate.
3. Ensure the Academic Calendar and the Academic Almanac are published and communicated to all students and staff.
4. Ensure good planning for academic programs, preparation of syllabuses and their regulations, timetables, examinations certificates, transcripts, graduations, student attachments and internships.
5. Create an environment that handles students affairs, which include admissions and students’ records, student welfare (recreational, health, sports and games, student mentoring services, student council and student discipline.
Qualification & Competencies Required
- Be a Professor or Associate Professor of a recognized University with an earned Ph.D in a relevant discipline.
- Have at least eight (8) years’ experience in senior management positions such as Principal of College/Campus, Dean, Director or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years spent in a supervisory/leadership role within a post-secondary institution
- Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and resources related to fundraising or similar fundraising databases is desirable.
- Demonstrates excellence in teaching and/or scholarship.
- Demonstrable teamwork capability
- Possesses teaching skills that foster leadership and is a strong, innovative and creative administrator.
- Strategic academic planning, policy development, budgeting, and academic personnel administration in a higher education setting.
- Proven success in leading accreditation processes.
- Exhibits commitment to the principles of diversity, fairness, and integrity.
- Experience fostering partnerships in the academic industry and the companies/government it serves.
- Understanding of current issues and future directions in higher education.
- Capacity to forge and nurture partnerships with private, non-profit, and government entities as well as other institutions of higher education.
- Proven capability for research publication and funding
- Latest publication being at least one year old from the date of the application
Applicants to send Cover letter, CV and testimonials indicating the position applied for to:
The Chairman of Governing Council
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
P.O Box 2224-40100
OR Send via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Email subject line MUST read the position applied for. OR Hand drop to Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Kibos Campus. Applications to reach us by Monday, 17th May 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.