Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model. Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a U.S. nonprofit with headquarters in Chicago and operations in Nairobi, Kenya. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past ten years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection. Today, RefuSHE is poised for strategic growth and scale.
Celebrating the power of philanthropy and fashion’s ability to tell a story through art, the Fashion Challenge is an opportunity to garner support for and shine a light on the resilience of the young women we serve. They are the heroes of their own stories and they inspire and motivate us every day.
RefuSHE’s annual Fashion Challenge is inspired by the reality television show “Project Runway,” where designers must create a haute couture runway look that incorporates fabric created by RefuSHE’s Artisan Collective, dazzles a live audience, and impresses a panel of prominent judges. Last year, we had to “reimagine” the Fashion Challenge as a virtual experience that was shared around the world. This year, following RefuSHE’s leadership transition to Kenya, we are bringing the Fashion Challenge to Nairobi! We are excited to partner with East African designers to showcase the diverse talents of Nairobi’s burgeoning fashion scene and share the stories of the young women at RefuSHE in a fresh way. Proceeds from the event help advance RefuSHE’s mission to provide vital support and programming for orphaned, unaccompanied, and separated refugee girls.
RefuSHE wishes to engage an experienced event planning consultant with an excellent network and deep connections to the Nairobi-based fashion community to start in May 2021 and end in October 2021.
Logistical execution of runway event in early September 2021 and all events leading up to the Fashion Challenge including but not limited to:
- Secure venue, models, vendor partnerships, and media sponsorships
- Identify and secure participant list of Nairobi-based fashion designers
- Organize behind-the-scenes photography and videography for artisans and designers
- Coordinate all day-of-show logistics
Enhance brand awareness to global audience; provide tactical PR support and media relations to secure press and media coverage of event locally, regionally, and internationally
Scope of Work
- Lead organization and execution of the 2021 Fashion Challenge event in Nairobi by recruiting and liaising with key partners, vendors, and talent
- Pre-Event Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and participate in conference calls with all judges, emcees, photographers, and videographers in preparation for the event
- Partner with RefuSHE’s Fashion Challenge team on all key details to ensure the success of the show
- Designer Relations:
- Coordinating with RefuSHE Kenya’s liaison team, obtain high-res logo, bio, contact information, inclusive of all social media handles, and headshot of each designer for promotion purposes
- Organize kick-off workshop with designers to ensure standards are met and communication is clear
- Model Relations:
- Oversee fittings for each model prior to the show and coordinate meetings between models and designers
- Runway Looks/Style:
- Oversee production of each designer’s look and ensure design meets design standards and criteria – in collaboration with a stylist and the RefuSHE team
- Work with RefuSHE team to incorporate participants’ (refugee girls and young women of RefuSHE) stories into each runway look
- Working with the stylist, oversee coordination of each model’s runway look from head to toe (includes outfit, shoes, hair, makeup, and accessories)
- Secure at minimum 2 hair and makeup artists to prep the models for the show
- Support designers in procuring accessories to complement, but not take away, from each look
- Event Execution:
- Work with AV contractors to coordinate timing and spotlight for runway show; provide show timeline to AV contractors
- Lead dress rehearsal with models day-of, mark stage, and walk runway in collaboration with choreographer and the RefuSHE
- In partnership with RefuSHE team, coordinate pre-show judging with models and judges
- Manage show timing, line-up of models, and outfit changes
- Note: Runway show will be broadcasted virtually. All photos and videos need to be designed for high-resolution filming. Additionally, the runway layout, lighting, and staging structure needs to take into account the need for close-up shots and virtual viewing.
- Post-Event Responsibilities:
- Work with RefuSHE Fashion Challenge team to ensure each look is photographed after filming of runway event
- Ensure all accessories are returned to corresponding designers after the event
- Assist in all Fashion Challenge follow-up, including thank-you gifts for event co-chairs, emcees, vendors and volunteers
- 5+ years of experience organizing large-scale events. Fashion show experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience planning large scale virtual events that are dynamic and engaging
- Deep experience with and connection to Nairobi-based fashion community
- Connections with event vendors in the Nairobi area (venues, photographers, videographers, A/V companies, etc.)
- ICT proficient
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possess multi-tasking skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects and vendors (venues, models, designers, photographers, videographers, etc.)
- Ability to work across time zones
- 6-month event proposal and CV
- A detailed brief highlighting previous experience and contacts
- Portfolio of previously executed events including photos, videos, and links to online events
- Contacts of at least two previous clients for reference
- Break down of expected fee and other charges
- For a company:
- Provide statutory documents (Certificate of incorporation/registration, KRA Pin, KRA Compliance Certificate, Trade license, Professional licensing)
For an individual:
- Provide National Identity Card/Passport, KRA Pin, KRA Compliance and Professional licensing
Human Resources & Administration Manager – RefuSHE Kenya
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
Please indicate your rates and a comprehensive budget along with your proposal submission.