Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms. We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 2700 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seeking a QA/QC Officer who will work on the expansion of one of our production sites on the coast, in Kilifi.
- Establish the Project Quality Management System (QMS) including Project Management Framework, Plan, checklists and procedures in liaison with the Construction Manager.
- Identify and manage Quality related risks that may have an impact on Technical Integrity.
- Ensure compliance of all project functions, contractors and suppliers with the project Quality Management System requirements.
- Contribute to the development of detailed design and equipment/material procurement and ensure inspectability and constructability of the design.
- Provide QA/QC to the Detailed Design & Procurement contractor and Construction contractors activities in all phases of the project.
- Ensure the scope of work is inspected and tested in accordance with approved project quality plans, quality control procedures, inspection and test plans for all mechanical, electrical, and civil installations (Equipment included).
- Prior commissioning, ensure all As-Built documentation and quality documentation as per the Quality Management System (Drawings, test sheets, FAT records, contingency plans) are up-to-date and available.
- Provide inputs to the change management process, respond to RFIs when needed, liaise and provide feedback to the Design Engineering Team.
- Identify and raise non-conformance reports when needed, and establish a corrective action plan with the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure pre-commissioning and commissioning checklists, and procedures comply with the quality management system.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests.
- Provide input in the creation of commissioning schedules.
- Develop a timeline for handover activities as per the agreed-upon project schedule and commissioning schedule.
- Ensure all stakeholders attend handover meetings at every stage of the process.
- Drive the Handover process between the different stakeholders and ensure efficient punch list closure.
- Provide weekly and monthly Quality reports to the Project Management team and suggest continuous improvement ideas.
- Proven experience as QA/QC Officer on construction projects including industrial buildings – 4+ years
- Previous experience in conducting and participating in project commissioning required
- Substantial experience of all stages of the design and construction across a wide range of building types, including industrial buildings
- Previous experience in using construction management software is a ‘plus’.
- Good writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible