Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terms of Reference (ToR) for Locum Pharmaceutical Technologist
1.0 Background: SOS Children‘s Villages Kenya runs programs that include Family Care, Family Strengthening, Education, Health, Youth Empowerment and Advocacy. Started in 1973 in Buruburu (Nairobi), SOS Children’s Villages Kenya has expanded to 7 other counties in Kenya: Mombasa (1979), Eldoret (1990), Meru (2005) and Kisumu (2012) Busia and Homabay counties.
SOS CV Kenya takes care of over 15,000 children and youth under its programs SOS Medical centers is one of the programs run by SOS Children’s Villages Kenya under health program.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya provides individualized health care and supports communities in the development of improved health service.
Currently, SOS Children’s Villages Kenya runs two medical centers in Nairobi-Buru Buru and Eldoret.
The medical centers serve vast clientele reaching an average of 80,000 clients per year.
Our mission is to be a trusted health-care partner to families by offering high quality, affordable medical services in a financially-sustainable manner
2.0: Proposed Assignment: SOS Medical Centre Nairobi seeks to engage competent Locum Pharmaceutical Technologist.
The person is responsible for making sure that all required drugs are available and issued in the correct doses / courses to the patients.
2.0 Overall Objectives
- Work with the medical Centre team to ensure provision of effective, efficient, quality services at the SOS medical Centre pharmacy.
- Dispense the correct medication to the patients.
- Dispensing of CCC ART regimens
- Use of Web ARV Dispensing Tool (ADT)
2. Stock Management
- Balance the bin cards to ensure that the stock levels are adhered to.
- Implement and ensure safe storage procedures for the drugs are followed to the letter.
3.0 Scope and Methods of the Work;
- Work with the medical Centre staff team to ensure maintenance of high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the pharmacy.
- Work with the medical Centre staff team to observe and comply with environmental and occupational safety measures and regulations.
- Participate in implementation of quality control and quality assurance program with the medical Centre staff team.
- A Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- A Valid practising licence Registred by Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- 2 years Experience from completion of internship
- Working in CCC clinic will be an added advantage
5.0 Child protection clause:
The pharmaceutical technologist undertakes to abide by the SOS Children’s villages Kenya child protection policy, which is a statement of SOS children’s’ village Kenya commitment to preventing
abuse and protecting children and young people with whom he/she comes into contact. This extends not only to children with whom its caregivers work directly, but also includes children whom staffs is responsible for.
Proposals should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating “Application for Locum pharmaceutical technologist” on the subject line to be received on or before Thursday 20th May, 2021 mid night 2400 hrs.