Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Div/Dept: Global Human Resources (GHR)
Location: Africa – in any location ChildFund is located.
Report to: Director, Global Talent Management
Strategy (Global and Country – CSP AOP)
- Serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to Regional and Country leaders; consult with leaders to develop and execute their Talent Strategy, guide the execution of HR programs, processes, communications, and strategic initiatives.
- Work with Country Directors and HRM’s in assigned region to support the development and execution of the Country Strategic Plans and Annual Planning across assigned area.
- Supporting assigned countries in the development of innovative and diverse partnership/funding opportunities for revenue growth.
- Provide inputs and recommendations to Global HR Planning and Strategy Development and implementation of the same.
- Champion various Organizational Development Change and Innovation initiatives in areas assigned.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders within assigned area, so as to be able to identify and respond to current and future people related requirements.
- Oversee the execution Talent Acquisition Strategy for assigned areas
- Lead the full cycle recruitment for Regional and Country Directors, Key personnel for grants and support country HRM’s in recruitment of senior staff in country.
- Support the development of talent acquisition strategy and plans for assigned area that anticipate short/long-term needs.
- Oversee the execution of Talent Management Strategy in assigned areas
- Conduct Exit Interview for Country Directors and above positions
- Provide inputs and collaborate in design, dissemination and subsequent data analysis of Employee Engagement Survey
- Coach leaders on engagement and retention key talent, identify when there are retention risks.
- Lead Talent Review process for assigned areas
- Provide coaching and consulting to country leaders on effective performance management intervention.
- Execute Succession Planning Strategy for assigned areas
- Support development of Performance Management Plans for Country Directors and above in assigned areas.
- Responsible for Internal Mobility of staff across COs assigned
- Through the performance management process and approach, assure annual employee job performance assessments are conducted. This includes the annual goal setting process, the annual assessment process, and quarterly feedback sessions that strive to raise the performance bar in the organization.
Learning & Development
- Oversee the execution of Learning and Development Strategy for assigned areas
- Responsible for assessing training needs and effectiveness for areas assigned
- Developing and Facilitating Global training priorities i.e. Leadership Development, Key Learnings etc.”
- Point person for conflict Resolution for areas assigned and works in collaboration with GHR to provide appropriate recommendations/action to the management team
- Support investigation of Whistle blower and other complaints
- Work in collaboration of CO HRM on local legal issues and engage with local legal counsel as needed
- Analyze employee trends and human resource metrics (i.e. turnover, employee relations issues, staffing challenges, etc.) and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Data Analytics and preparation of reports for management decision making
- Collaborates with Global HR Shared Services to ensure ongoing update of Employee Data and records
- Work with HRMs to ensure delivery of HR Services assigned
- Point person for HR related employee communications
Safety and Security
- Support Director Safety and Security on deployment of Security Strategy and oversee Safety and security plan implementation in areas assigned
Payroll and Compensation
- Participating in country/ regional compensation benchmarking survey
- Works in collaboration with CO HRMs and Sr. Manager HR Operation on Compensation Related matters
- Review and support the Annual Merit Process
Policies and Procedures
- Contribute to and collaborate with the broader HR/Talent team – sharing knowledge and practices that will help HR be more effective to the entire organization
- Provide guidance and direction to leaders on human resource management policies, processes, and systems
- Support updating and review of Country Employee Handbooks
- Provide leadership, mentorship and direction to a team of HR Managers/Directors based in Country Offices
- Ensure team executes GHR strategy and exceeds all set metrics
- Build a strong and cohesive team in alignment with ChildFund’s MAGIC culture and expectations.
- 10 plus years relevant experience in progressively responsible roles in human resources; minimum of 5 years’ experience leading global talent management initiatives in developing countries
- Strong knowledge of business processes/analysis in workforce planning, performance management, succession planning, leadership and employee development, employee assessment, including talent reviews, and organizational designs
- Proven leadership skills including team leadership. and experience leading cross-operational teams
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix environment
- Solid understanding of the international development sector
- Strong knowledge and experience utilizing various learning platforms and tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, customer service, consulting, and influence skills with a track record of driving change and innovation globally
- Problem solver with strong business and strategic acumen and organizational diagnostics; analytical and execution skills; and excellent team building capabilities
- Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities
- Self-starter, proactive, responsible and results-oriented
- Demonstrated experience building collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including appropriate vendors
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
BA required; advanced degree in Training, Adult Education, Human Resources Management, Organization Development, MBA, or a closely related field strongly preferred. Relevant certifications are also a plus.
Application Deadline May 21, 2021
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.