Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Crisis Group’s Horn of Africa Project is looking for a voluntary intern to assist its Project Director and Analysts in their daily activities. This is a desk-based position that requires a natural flair for political conflict analysis, flexibility, intelligence and hard work, and offers an excellent opportunity for someone to learn about conflict analysis and advocacy work and gain valuable experience in a high-profile international NGO. The voluntary internship would suit candidates with a recent undergraduate or graduate degree in international relations, political science or related fields, seeking to gain experience in a fast-paced, international NGO working to prevent war and shape peace worldwide. The voluntary intern will focus mainly on Somalia.
- Monitoring political developments in the Horn of Africa region via online sources;
- Providing assistance editing reports and briefings on conflict issues, and other documents produced by Africa program staff;
- Preparing advocacy and research materials and attending meetings with/on behalf of the Crisis Group staff;
- Assisting with carrying out daily press reviews and composing weekly situation reports;
- Other administrative tasks, including arranging for meetings.
- Good research and organisational skills;
- Ability to summarise information;
- Good command of verbal and written English; knowledge of local language(s) is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Somali is preferred but not required;
- Proven research skills in international relations or a similar subject, conflict analysis or human rights work; and
- Proven interest in and knowledge of the Horn of Africa region, with a special focus on Somalia.
If interested, please apply by 21 May 2021.