Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (NPO) of the project and overall supervision by the Head of the Labour Mobility Human Development & Migration Protection Assistant Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting day to day implementation of activities in the Labour Mobility and Human Development projects. Division in IOM Kenya Office.
1. Assist in coordinating the administrative and other operational arrangements including procurement documentation and processing, travels arrangements for non-IOM actors, etc. for the different projects under the LHD and MPA units.
2. Assist in organizing regular project meetings with key stakeholders including government counterparts, private employment agencies, and participate in regular LHD/MPA meetings
3. Draft clear and concise official letters, minutes and activity reports and compile, summarize, and present information/ data on specific project related topics, for example for Facebook, Twitter, and other external publications
4. Provide support in completing Purchase Requisition for all relevant program activities and ensure proper quotation from vendors and follow up on any finance/administrative related paperwork related to the project
5. Maintain project related files, documents, equipment, and database etc.
6. Provide support in coordinating logistics, administration support for meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings, and conferences at the regional/national level as well as other events in coordination with the National Project Officer and Head of LHD/MPA unit
7. Draft the Letters of Invitation (LOI) for non-IOM actors; Support in maintaining and regularly updating of information related to implementation of the different LHD/MPA projects under LHD and MPA.
8. Assist on case management administrative requirements including obtaining exit permits, preparation of payment requests, invoices etc
9. Support in preparing activity reports, project report, and donor reports as per the donor agreement in coordination with members of the project.
10. Undertake duty travel relating to the project activities, as required.
11. Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Completed High School Certificate in with five years’ experience or
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Development Studies, International Relations, Economics, Business Administration, or relevant field from an accredited institution with three years of relevant professional experience
• Three years of experience in handling projects, administrative and logistical issues.
• Experience working with government and UN stakeholders on labour migration and migrant protection
• Prior experience of working in UN agencies will be considered as an asset.
• Strong interpersonal and ability to work in a team. Good drafting skills.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address email@example.com referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 27 May 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.