Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
IOM’s Regional Office for the East and Horn of Africa supports and monitors the following countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Through a team of specialists, the Regional Office supports the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and initiatives undertaken by country offices and regional programmes.
1. Assist in managing financial resources by monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations;
2. Assist in preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating staff cost as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget;
3. Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems;
4. Assist providing guidance in accounting, budget and financial related issues;
5. Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results;
6. Reviews all types of payments starting from purchases to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized and all the supporting documents are attached therewith;
7. Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM;
8. Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
9. Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered;
10. Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required;
11. Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
12. Ensure proper and systematic completion of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
13. Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and,
14. Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
• Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
• Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
1. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
2. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
3. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results.
Fluency in English and French (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to: International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20 May 2021
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.