Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance and Administration Manager, Strengthening Health Analytics Kenya
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) will oversee all finance, administrative, human resource and operational activities of the project and a team of support personnel. This includes developing and overseeing finance and accounting systems that comply with USAID requirements and Palladium practices. In coordination with the COP, s/he will develop annual budgets that are aligned with the project work plan. S/he will also ensure compliance with contractual, USAID/USG, and Kenyan requirements for reporting, finance, and administration. S/he will also ensure payroll processes and adherence to Kenyan human resources policies. The FAM reports to the Chief of Party (COP) on a day-to-day basis with specific financial reporting to the Finance & Operations staff at Palladium’s US health practice area in the United States. Kenya & East Africa’s Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office has realized the need to redesign the HSS portfolio to align to its guiding principles. These are A) seeks to pull together a group of related HSS functions that collectively contribute to systems outcomes of equity, quality and resource optimization for HIV/TB, FP/RMNCAH and malaria program. B) The program will look into working with the devolved system of Health governance; C) revitalise local capacity development by building on and strengthening local capacity to bring change and sustain results with private sector, public sector policy think tanks and academia. D) Ensure delivery of high impact interventions through collaboration learning and adapting with short learning loops. This activity will primarily focus on strengthening health analytics and maximizing evidence-based health policies development and implementation for improved quality and equity of health care services. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. No expatriate or relocation benefits are associated with the position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains financial and accounting systems and procedures in accordance with Palladium corporate requirements and USAID regulations.
- Oversees annual Palladium audit and prepares management response on any queries.
- Supervises and monitors the in-country finance and operations team and activities ensuring that standard accounting principles are followed in carryout out financial transactions.
- Maintains regular communications with the senior management team providing relevant and timely financial information for planning and decision-making purposes.
- In consultation with the CoP prepares the annual workplan budgets and monitors the same through the year and ensuring any variances are within acceptable ranges and explanations filed.
- Undertakes cashflow management- ensuring sufficient funds are drawn for project implementation and the office petty cash/operating cash system produces accurate and timely cash flow projections and forecast.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date financial records and the filing system.
- Prepares financial and other reports as required for internal management, the headquarters office, and donors, as appropriate and requested.
- Oversees project procurements and administration of contractual agreements with vendors and consultants and other relevant parties.
- Ensures sound contracts and grants management systems for awarding and executing sub-award agreements.
- Reviews semi-monthly financial reports and submits to headquarters within stipulated dates in the calendar.
- Retains overall responsibility for receiving, documenting, and managing all stocks and commodities of the project, including forecasting and requisitions to guarantee optimal stock levels at all times.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies, Donor requirements and in country laws, in relation to Human resources functions; staffing and personnel files, payroll and statutory filings.
- Oversee the maintenance of all project assets and inventory from acquisition to final disposition in accordance with the company policies, in country laws and donor requirements.
- Performs other duties as may be directed.
- Experience in program management and finance/budget experience with USAID-funded project.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with USAID compliance requirements regarding finance/budget systems and processes.
- Experience with USAID contracting assistance award mechanisms.
- Experience with developing systems and processes for awarding and oversight of grants.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proven experience and knowledge of USAID management, operations, and financial/budget systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task, and work in a high-pressured environment.
- Sound understanding / experience in financial processing and management.
- Good written and verbal communication, liaison and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency and English and Swahili required.