Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) seeks individuals of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan , Sudan and Uganda.
We are seeking to fill the position of a Service Operations Analyst to join the Global SCOPE Service Operations (WFPs digital assistance platform) team based in Nairobi, Kenya.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related programme from an accredited University. Must have (at the least) certification in ITIL3 Foundation from an accredited institution.
Experience: Must have minimum 4 years post graduate work experience in a Service Operations environment. Must have practical knowledge in use of an IT Service Management tool, including queue management, reporting and data analysis. Proficiency in Outlook365.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is essential. Official UN language is an added advantage especially French and/or Spanish.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience with working in a Service Operations Unit setup.
- Conversance with the WFP SCOPE end to end process including the end to end SCOPE Service Operations process.
- Experience working with WFP operations especially Cash Based Transfers
- Experience working with Easy Vista (ITSM).
- Experience and knowledge working in the United Nations environment.
- Has aided IT team members in building technical skills and staying abreast of industry developments.
- Has gained knowledge of technical issues through exposure to IT operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 1/2 (not all-inclusive)
Working in the SCOPE Service Operations Unit under direct supervision of the Team Lead with overall reporting to the Operations Manager and the Head of Unit, the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Carry out Configuration Management to track Configuration Items (CIs) and the dependencies between them, such as but not limited to SCOPE devices.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of reported issues; recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed.
- Maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate) to regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization, and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR.
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 2/2
- Communicate with clients and follow up on all open and pending tickets. Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary.
- Participate in presentations/demos of release candidates by third level support. And pass on the knowledge to the team members.
- Perform offsite and onsite SCOPE end user trainings where needed.
- Provide data extraction reports as per end user request.
- Perform the activities under the direct supervision of the respective Team Lead and undertake additional tasks as required.
- Advise the Team Lead on any areas that require improvement.
- Adhere to the laid down team procedures while maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Analyze and translate end user specifications to technical requirements.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Grade : Service Contract, SC6 (G6 equivalent)
Duty Station : Nairobi, Kenya
Duration : Initial 6 months
Unit/Division: TEC-B Service Operations
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
May 28 , 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.