Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) seeks individuals of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan , Sudan and Uganda.
Regional Bureau Nairobi is one of the regions suffering from the highest levels of hunger and malnutrition, and thus also an area with a large WFP operational footprint. There is a great need to provide credible, relevant and timely evidence for strategic and operational decision-making, resource mobilization and accountability to beneficiaries. This includes food security assessments, market assessments, mapping and monitoring of WFPs programmes in Country Offices.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: The candidate must have an undergraduate degree preferably in Economics, Statistics, GIS and Remote Sensing, Food Security, Data Science, Geography or other related field is required;
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in food security analysis and research design in social research.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in SPSS, ArcGIS and Tableau
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French ( Desirable)
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Head of Research, Assessment and Monitoring, or a designated official, the Programme Assistant shall perform the following tasks:
- Serve as the focal person for maintaining market and price monitoring data from markets across the region;
- Support Country Offices in cleaning, updating and storing market price data;
- Support in the drafting of quarterly regional market and food price updates;
- Support in the implementation of various studies implemented by the Research, Assessment and Monitoring unit including the economic impact studies;
- Support in mVAM activities, assist in conducting food security analysis and monitoring including baseline/midline/endline studies;
- Support in updating, maintaining and visualising the food security situation in the region including registering and maintaining historic IPC data, gathering information and writing drafts for quarterly food security bulletins, visualising through Tableau dashboards etc.;
- In close collaboration with the Knowledge Management unit, maintain a more systematic share point under teams for organizing RAM data and documents;
- Support in organising meetings, trainings and workshops and preparing summaries;
- Perform other duties of the Research, Assessment and Monitoring unit as required
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa, Nairobi
12 months (intial)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
May 28 , 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.