Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenchic Limited is the leading producer of poultry in East and Central Africa. At its inception, the company’s main activity was the production of broiler and layer day old chicks. Over the years the company has expanded operations to include processed chicken and further processed products. Kenchic is proud to be the largest integrated poultry operation in East and Central Africa and deals in day-old chicks, processed chicken meat and further processed products such as smoked sausages, choma sausages & sausages.
About the Role:
The HRBP will be responsible for HR initiatives/programs and the primary HR interface and business partner for the Commercial Operations/or Technical Operations with intention of achieving interrelated goals and business priorities in the respective units. This role partners with the function heads to ensure Talent Strategy and other HR programs are designed and implemented to support business initiatives/priorities. In addition, this role will be responsible for providing day-to-day HR services.
- Support business growth through organisational design together with business leaders and provide in-time recruitment solution.
- Support development of clear case for organizational change, desired outcomes, accurate scope, clear roles and decision-making.
- Review and analyze business requests to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee performance, retention, and development and employee value proposition.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and management of compensation initiatives to ensure that compensation practices are linked in the overall strategy to attract, reward, and retain top talent.
- Drive the principles of meritocracy with leadership team in all talent decisions, including promotions, transfers, compensation adjustments, etc.
- Design, lead, and work closely with managers to ensure HR initiatives/programs are implemented effectively within the division.
- Ensure units alignment in the design and execution of HR initiative efforts.
- Provide management coaching to build people managers’ leadership capabilities.
- Work with business leaders to define the organization structure, key measurement and key success factor.
- Advocate and facilitate resolutions regarding employee relations issues, with escalation to the Head of Human Resources when necessary.
- Facilitate implementation of a feedback mechanism at strategic touch points to facilitate open discussions of organizational improvement opportunities from employees.
- Ensure all HR practices; records, etc. are in full compliance with statutory requirements.
- Drive HR initiatives such as employee survey, employee engagement events etc.
- Creates a measurement system and/or tools to assess understanding, buy-in and support of HR change management activities.
- Participate in other HR projects, programs or activities, as assigned.
Does this sound like you?
Critical requirements for the role (Must-Haves)
- At least 3 to 4 years of experience as HRBP in Agriculture, Poultry or the Food & Beverage sector.
- Holder of Practicing certificate /Member of IHRM.
- A proven track record of success in ambiguous and complex environments.
Preferred requirements (Nice to Haves):
- A Masters degree in business.
- Prior experience working in the poultry/Dairy sector.
Candidate attribute (Culture Fit):
- Adroit and proactive.
- Keen to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Strong with stakeholder management skills.