Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Engineer Planning and Design – Datacenter & Campus Networks – (21000213)
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Engineer Planning and Design – Data Center & Campus Networks within Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Senior Manager – Transport IP Planning & Design, Data Center & Campus Networks, Planning and Design team is responsible for deploying; The Data Centre & Campus Networks, The LAN, WLAN and WAN projects/solutions, Inter/Intra Telco and IT Data center connectivity Inter Office voice and video Communications, Office Automation, Customer Care and Retail Shops connectivity to Centralized resources. Cooperate Internet Edge and DMZ Connectivity, Firewall and Access Control, Cloud Systems and Delivery of customer solutions, along with corresponding documentation, and provision and development of the technical design for handover to support team.
- Planning, design and optimization of the IT Data Centre Networks & Campus infrastructure to support Safaricom requirements needs for Office Automation, Retail Shops and Care Centers connectivity and the Telecommunications Elements connectivity:
- Planning and Design of Datacenter & Campus Networks Solution to meet current as well as long term requirements
- Compilation of Datacenter & Campus Networks topologies, Network Diagrams, schematics and floor layout plans
- Plan and Oversee resources to conduct surveys and implementation plans that ensures timely implementation as per the project timelines
- Planning and Implementation of Datacenter Network infrastructure security tools to enforce security policies.
- Budget estimation to meet Business requirements Capex budget justifications
- Review of BOQs against the designs for the Datacenter and Campus Networks solutions
- Monitoring capacity threshold to ensure proactive upgrades are done to meet growing needs
- Reliability of planned design to achieve accurate, timely and economical delivery
- Liaison with implementation and support teams to ensure rollout follows the design and meets both the business and engineering specifications
- Definition of network KPIs , SLAs and acceptance procedures for new Services and management of service Transition to Support teams
- Ensuring (overall ownership) of accurate, up-to date database documentation on Datacenter and Campus Networks planning, design, implementation and capacity planning,
- Keeping accurate current infrastructure database for static and dynamic capacities
- Adhere to the existing processes in work flow management.
- Scheduled periodical audit function of on-ground data against database
- Process review and recommendation on process improvement
- Learn/research on new technologies/practices in the Datacenter and Campus Networks domain
- Evaluate Reliability and cost effectiveness of trials introduced in the network and their ability to keep up with emerging technologies.
- Running of trials/POCs and subsequent recommendations for approval
- Development of design principles to guide future deployment
- Task scheduling and objective settings for self
- Managing Datacenter & Campus Networks resources
- Making Critical planning, design and optimization decisions
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, IT Computer Science or a closely related numerate discipline
- Above 5 years’ experience in a busy IT or Telecommunications environment –Involved in Strategy Modeling, Planning, Design and Optimization of Datacenter and Campus Networks
- In-depth understanding of Cisco Nexus NXOS Datacenter Networks Gear
- Router, Switches and NG firewall configuration (Cisco and Huawei)
- Mastery of IPSec Configuration and Troubleshooting Skills
- Network design and implementation experience, including working knowledge of IP addressing, TCP/IP Protocols, LAN and WAN configurations
- Knowledge in Cisco Unified Collaboration systems for Voice and Video Communications.
- Minimum CCNP or HCNP Network Certifications in any line (RS, Security, Wireless, Voice)