Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This position is accountable for development and implementation of sales strategies and tactics: To develop business for the Process Automation’s products and solutions portfolio that covers: Distributed Control Systems (DCS); PLC, SCADA & Telemetry; Process/Field Instrumentation.
Principal Territory Coverage: Based in Kenya with travel to Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia
- Market & Industry Know-How: Possess current knowledge of the Process Automation landscape in East Africa encompassing Industry segments of: Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Mining, Food & Bev., Water & Waste-Water
- Customer Knowledge & Insight: Gaining insight in customer structures and organizations, and identifying and following up on opportunities with customers.
- Customer Support: Understand customers’ requirements to propose suitable solutions. Provide technical and product support to end user customers and channel partners.
- Analyze customer needs and elaborating offers.
- Coordinate technical support for customers.
- Driving Growth: Develop and manage strong relationships with customers and channel partners to drive growth and achieve targets
- Sales Funnel Pipeline Management: Develop a healthy pipeline of opportunities/inquiries and coordinate the preparation of quotes in response to customer inquiries
- Competitor Awareness: Maintain technical and product expertise whilst having fair knowledge of competitive products and industry standards.
- Market Intelligence: Provide market intelligence including competitive, market trends to Management.
- Long-Term Business Relationships: Developing, maintaining and expanding lasting professional customer relations by means of regular customer visits and participation in customer event
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation & Control, Engineering
- Business Course and/or Masters will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in laws, rules and regulations, standards, safety, quality and envirnmental guidelines as far as applicable
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical sales, preferably in the fields of Process Automation (Control Systems, Instrumentation, Software)
- Previous experience in a technical engineering role
Knowledge & skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong capabilities to negotiate, influence and convince
- Experience in the sale of technical solutions and concepts.
- Possess the ability to think outside the box and have good critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Articulate, Communicative with a good command of English
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Open and Willing to Learn
- Diligent and detail-oriented