Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers.
We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
About the Role
The overall purpose of this job is to manage our product development teams to scale and adapt products to meet the needs of the market segment of the company. Each of the 4 teams is led by a Product Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the product strategy to ensure that the business achieves its objectives.
- Develop and update the overall product roadmap in line with the company strategy.
- Work with and guide the PMs in product planning including ideation, sizing, prioritization and execution in response to stakeholder needs.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and analyse the data in order to create initiatives & epics to drive the product strategy.
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Create and monitor progress of epics to achieve set initiatives in line with the product strategy.
- Create detailed requirements in form of user stories with unambiguous acceptance criteria that engineering can develop against.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Engage customers and partners in order to understand, assess and collect feedback on whether the product meets their expectations.
- Participate in user testing for various team products to ensure they meet user requirements
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the CPO.
- BSc in Computer Science, Business Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- Certification in Agile Product Management would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development in a technology environment
- Good understanding of product management.
- Ability to understand and interpret users’ needs.
- Ability to elicit and analyse requirements.
- A good design sense to point out good user experience and to make suggestions when something doesn’t look or feel right.
- Good knowledge of systems/technical savviness.
- Ability to work effectively with different personalities and across all levels in an organization.
- Good people and project management skills.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized,
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options