Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The System Engineer will be expected to demonstrate value to prospective and existing clients, design and implement compute infrastructure (virtual, non-virtual cloud, and hybrid), Storage, Backup, and Disaster recovery strategies. You will monitor, report, and provide enhancements for the company’s managed solutions as well as remediating where necessary. Learn Evail’s functions and operations and implement the company growth strategies. You will maintain open and efficient communication channels with your supervisor for a smooth operation of business activities.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by customers and analyze and isolate issues
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is at par with technical considerations
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services and ensure Operating System and Applications are running on the latest updates and patches
- Define and manage IT Disaster Recovery Strategies for customers
- Negotiate with, vendors and contractors for infrastructure-specific products and services secure.
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for storage and backup environments through proactive capacity planning, performance control, and configuration adjustment
- Supporting the sales team in presentation and demonstration of value to prospective and existing clients
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the Company’s services portfolio through vendor and third-party partners have taken to market via the reseller and MSP channel
- Maintain appropriate vendor certifications and accreditation in line with vendor programs
- Maintain knowledge of vendors pricing and channel support tools
- Install, maintain, and upgrade data storage systems, backup, and DR software;
- Monitor Managed service Infrastructure and prepare periodic reports on uptime and tenant resource consumption
- Maintain documentation of configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures, and service records for data storage and backup hardware and software;
- Train and induct new staff members
- Troubleshooting in the event of errors and backup problems, and to resolve and analyze the root causes;
- Proactively notify customers of errors and recommend solutions
- Communicate with hardware and software representatives, as well as other internal teams, to diagnose and resolve errors with root causes;
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Any other duties assigned
Experience, qualifications, skills required:
- A degree in BBIT, Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a related qualification.
- Project Management Skills
- KCSE minimum entry requirements B- and above
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the same role
- Communication, Both written, oral, and reporting skills
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server OS and Hyper-V Virtual Infrastructure
- Must have experience with Enterprise Backup Solutions such as Veeam, Veritas or Comvault, etc
- Knowledge in Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Cisco switching and routing
- Experience with VMware infrastructure including VLAN and Enterprise Plus features
Training & Certifications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Added Advantage
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent Linux training
- CompTIA Server+ (added advantage)
- ITIL Foundation (added advantage)