Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization. FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE: To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Developing a comprehensive programme of engagement coverage for assigned areas.
- Developing of risk-based audit plans, programmes and schedules.
- Ensuring conformity to acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules.
- Conducting preliminary reviews of the areas to be audited.
- Assisting in the preparation of specific audit assignment plans and programmes.
- Performing audit tests on the internal controls in accounting, administrative and operational procedures.
- Examining and evaluating the FTA’s internal controls to ascertain their adequacy and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented.
- Preparing draft audit reports detailing audit findings.
- Leading specific audit teams.
- Reviewing prepared audit test procedures, drafts notifications and request for information Memos
- Following up audits to determine the extent of implementation of audit recommendations.
- Oversight of risk management activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Be in possession of Certified Public Accountants or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant or any other relevant.Member of a professional body – Institute of Certified Public Accountant or any other
Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum eight (8) years in relevant work and at least two (2) years in a supervisory role in comparable position.
- Thorough understanding of international NGO financial reporting standards
- Risk management and audit processes.
- General fraud prevention strategies.
- Ability to project and uphold Independence of mind.
- Strong analytical, organization and planning skills
- Able to meet strict deadlines to inform business decisions
- Strong negotiating skills
- Problem solving skills
Method of application
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website http://www.fairtradeafrica.net/about-us/jobs-and-volunteering/ If you have any queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254 202721771 or +254 704180169 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment. Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (Internal Auditor & Risk Officer ECAN & SAN) and be e-mailed to email@example.com. All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted