Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”. Section 45(1)(a) of the County Governments Act, 2012 further mandates the CPSB to competitively source and recommend qualified and experienced persons for nomination and appointment as County Chief Officers by the Governor. Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions outlined below:
COUNTY CHIEF OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 02’ (S) TWELVE (12) POSTS
Terms of Service: Contract
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this position, a person should:
i. Be a citizen of Kenya;
ii. Be in possession of a relevant Bachelors’ degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
iii. Possession of a Master’s degree or higher academic qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya will be added advantage;
iv. Have at least ten (10) years relevant professional experience in the portfolio of interest, five (5) of which should have been in a leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector;
v. Meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity; and
vi. Membership to a relevant Professional Association/body will be an added advantage.
A Chief Officer shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member in one of County Departments:
3. Urban Development
4. County Revenue Collection
5. Medical Services
6. Public Health and Sanitation
7. Environment and Natural Resources
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Chief Officer will be in charge of administration of a County Ministry/Department. He /She will be the Accounting and Authorized Officer responsible for
- Providing strategic policy direction for improved service delivery;
- Developing and implementing an effective performance management system;
- Developing and implementing strategic plans
- Ensuring efficient and effective use of Financial and Human Resource, management of information systems and regular financial reporting as required;
- Maintaining effective collaboration and partnerships with other organs of governments, Ministries/departments, the private sector and other stakeholders to propagate sector development goals and County objectives
- Providing leadership in mainstreaming Information Communication Technology in the operations of the County Ministry/Department
- Promoting values and principles spelt out in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 in the operations of the Ministry/Department;
- Formulating and implementing effective programmes and plans to attain Vision 2030, Sustainable Development Goals and the County’s Five pilla manifesto
- Spearheading formulation of County policies related to specific Ministry’s mandate;
- Ensuring the achievement of the County goals and objectives and Inter-Governmental programs and projects; and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the County Executive Committee Member.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Applicants for Chief Officers’ position should indicate the County Ministry of interest. Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday , 25th May 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.