Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”. Section 45(1)(a) of the County Governments Act, 2012 further mandates the CPSB to competitively source and recommend qualified and experienced persons for nomination and appointment as County Chief Officers by the Governor. Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions outlined below:
COUNTY SOLICITOR JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 02’ (S) ONE(1) POST
Terms of service: Contract
Requirements for appointment
i. Be a citizen of Kenya;
ii. Bachelor of laws (LL.B) Degree from a recognized institution;
iii. Post graduate Diploma in legal studies from the Council of Legal Education;
iv. Relevant Master’s Degree is added advantage;
v. Have at least five years’ experience as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The County Solicitor will the principal assistant to the County Attorney in the Execution of the duties set out in The Office of the County Attorney Act, 2020 which include:
- Being the principal legal adviser to the County government;
- Attending the meetings of the County Executive Committee as an ex-officio member;
- On the instructions of the County government, representing the County Executive in court or in any other legal proceedings to which the County executive is a party, other than criminal proceedings
- Advising departments in the County executive on legislative and other legal matters;
- Negotiating, drafting, vetting and interpreting documents and agreements for and on behalf of the County executive and its agencies;
- Responsible for the revision of County laws;
- Liaising with the Office of the Attorney General whenever need arises; and
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by the County Attorney or other competent authority.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Applicants for Chief Officers’ position should indicate the County Ministry of interest. Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday , 25th May 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.