Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”. Section 45(1)(a) of the County Governments Act, 2012 further mandates the CPSB to competitively source and recommend qualified and experienced persons for nomination and appointment as County Chief Officers by the Governor. Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions outlined below:
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 03’ (R) ONE(1) POST
Terms of service: Contract
Requirements for appointment
i. Be a citizen of Kenya;
ii. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields; Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning, Business Administration, Education, Sociology, Political Science/Government, Anthropology or any other relevant Social
Science from a recognized institution;
iii. Master’s degree in any of the following fields; Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning, Industrial Relations, Labour Relations, Education, Public Administration, Business Administration, Counselling Psychology or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
iv. Relevant working experience of ten (10) years five (5) of which should have been in a senior Human Resource Management position either in the public or private sector; Served in the grade of Deputy Director of Human Resource Management and Development or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a
minimum period of three (3) years;
v. Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Membership to a relevant professional body; and
vii. Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
An officer at this level will be deployed at the department responsible for Human Resource Management and Development. Specific duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Innovating and designing of human resource management and development strategies and translating them to policies;
- Introducing systems and management practices that facilitate efficient and effective management of the human resource management and development function;
- Initiating development and review of terms and conditions of service for the County Public Service
- Providing guidance on human resource management and development policy matters to County Ministries/departments and Institutions;
- Proposing performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology;
- Formulation and review of human resource management and development policies, standards and regulations;
- Initiating action on issues related to Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- Negotiating agreements with labour unions and monitoring their implementation;
- Ensuring compliance with labour laws;
- Implementing human resource management and development policies, rules and regulations and analyzing their impact on performance management;
- Advising Authorized Officers on delegated powers including constitution of relevant committees and panels;
- Coordinating the processing and verifying of the agenda and minutes for the Human Resource Management Advisory Committee;
- Ensuring that professional human resource management standards are maintained;
- Advising the Technical Departments in the County Ministries on career and Succession management, human resource planning and optimal utilization of human resources;
- Coordinating the preparation of Personnel Emoluments (PE) budgets;
- Coordinating the implementation of performance management systems including Staff Performance Appraisal System and the Rewards and Sanctions Framework;
- Coordinating in-service training;
- Ensuring the maintenance of Human Resource Information System including authorizing and safeguarding user rights;
- Payroll management including cleansing and audit;
- Coordinating and overseeing the preparation and presentation of agenda for Human Resource Management Advisory Committee and ensuring the implementation of the Committee decisions;
- Coordinating implementation of technical training assistance programmes;
- Forecasting skill and competency requirements including administration of competency tests;
- Overseeing preparation of training projections and plans
- Coordinating the preparation of human resource management and development reports; and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by a competent authority
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Applicants for Chief Officers’ position should indicate the County Ministry of interest. Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday , 25th May 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.