Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”. Section 45(1)(a) of the County Governments Act, 2012 further mandates the CPSB to competitively source and recommend qualified and experienced persons for nomination and appointment as County Chief Officers by the Governor. Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions outlined below:
DIRECTOR, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 03’ (R) ONE(1) POST
Terms of service: Contract
Requirements for appointment
i. Be a citizen of Kenya;
ii. Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Procurement and Supply Management, Contract Management, logistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institutions;
iii. Post Graduate Diploma in Supplies Management from a recognized institution;
iv. Master’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Procurement and Supply Management, Contract Management, logistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institutions;
v. Relevant working experience of not less than (10) years, five (5) of which should have been senior management or leadership; Served in the grade of Deputy Director, Supply Chain management Services or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
vi. Be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) and of good standing;
vii. Demonstrated high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in organization and management of Supply Chain Management function;
viii. Attended a strategic leadership development programme from a recognized institution;
ix. Demonstrated professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of the Supply Chain Management function;
x. Possess thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management issues and emerging Supply Chain Management trends and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director, Supply Chain Management will be responsible to the respective Chief Officer for the following functions
- Introduction of systems that will facilitate effective and efficient management of Supply Chain function
- Provision of guidance on the Supply Chain Management policy matters to Ministries/Departments and Institutions;
- Developing a regulatory framework and standards;
- Updating existing rules and regulations in line with the changing environment such as laws and related statutes;
- Coordination of the administration of scheme of Service for Supply Chain Management Personnel;
- Reviewing of curriculum for the County Public Service Material Management Programme;
- Implementation of Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and other Statues, rules and regulations and ensuring adherence to the laid down procedures, rules and regulations;
- Analyzing the impact of Supply Chain Management policies, rules and regulations;
- Advising the Accounting Officers on Supply Chain Management standards;
- Participating in procurement planning and budget preparation;
- Advising the County on Supply Chain matters and interpreting of other laws and statutes that impact on supply chain Management Matters; and
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by a competent Authority.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Applicants for Chief Officers’ position should indicate the County Ministry of interest. Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday , 25th May 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.