Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”. Section 45(1)(a) of the County Governments Act, 2012 further mandates the CPSB to competitively source and recommend qualified and experienced persons for nomination and appointment as County Chief Officers by the Governor. Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions outlined below:
MUNICIPAL MANAGER, MWINGI MUNICIPALITY JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 04’ (Q) ONE (1) POST
Terms of service: Contract
Requirements for appointment
i. Be a citizen of Kenya;
ii. Be a holder of at least a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
iii. Relevant working experience of not less than (10) years, five (5) of which should be in Administration or Management either in the public or private Sector;
iv. Have qualifications and knowledge in administration or management; and
v. A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Municipal Manager will report to the Municipal Board and be responsible for the functions set out in the Urban Areas and Cities Act 2015 which include:
- Overseeing the affairs of the Municipality
- Developing policies, plans, strategies and programmes for delivery of services for approval by the Board;
- Formulation and implementation of integrated development plans as guided by the Municipal Board;
- Development and management of schemes, including site development in collaboration with relevant national and County agencies;
- Implementation of national and County legislation;
- Implementation of Board policies on control of land use, land sub- division, land development and zoning by public and private sectors;
- Promotion of infrastructural development and services within the municipality;
- Preparation for approval and implementation of the Municipal budget as approved;
- Establishment, implementation and monitoring of performance management systems; and
- Implementation of any other Municipal Board decision.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Applicants for Chief Officers’ position should indicate the County Ministry of interest. Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday , 25th May 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.