Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Manager; Finance Business Partner – (21000214)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Finance Business Partnering & Decision Support department within the Finance Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Head of Department; Finance Business Partnering & Decision Support, the individual is key in providing strategic financial guidance and decision support to the Finance management team through coordination of month-end reporting, review of budget & forecast submissions, cost analysis and first-line review of divisional business cases. The role monitors all financial processes and activities within Finance, working closely with the HOD to identify and pursue improvement opportunities across the company.
- Work with the HOD to identify business success drivers (KPIs), monitor and report progress against KPI targets, identify gaps and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide strategic financial input in decision making and play a key management and leadership role in executing efficient processes across the organization.
- Support strategy execution around business objectives and ensure achievement of related financial commitments.
- Provide visibility around costs related to the business processes by driving relevant analyses and reporting.
- Ensure soundness of business cases and maintain strong financial governance with the implementation of best practices.
- Modelling of ‘what if’ scenarios for the business on different revenue and cost levels, challenging assumptions and making recommendations on preferred options.
- Business Planning, Performance Review and Control Environment
- Provide challenge and guidance to the business functions to ensure that the organization produces robust and supportable budgets and forecasts that align to strategic plans.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis reports and advice to divisional FBPs to allow effective management of their units’ budgets and assist them in identifying opportunities, constructively challenging where appropriate.
- Document overall key revenue assumptions and cost drivers for the business and consolidate financials commentary.
- Active participation in monthly performance reviews by coordinating divisional variance analysis and commentary and consolidation of the same for the company.
- Identify performance gaps and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Lead the business in understanding and using the financial information to see opportunities and areas of improvements.
- Be the key point of contact between Finance Business Partnering and other Finance departments on business performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure proper internal controls are adhered to and full implementation of the approved Delegation of Authority Matrix on all financial matters across the company.
- Involvement in development and launch of new products to ensure automation of revenue reports and proper accounting treatment to ensure accurate financial reporting
- A graduate with a degree in a financial field
- Recognised accounting qualification (CPA (K), ACCA, etc.)
- 6-8 years’ experience in Finance
- Significant work experience in the telecommunications industry
- Able to develop and recommend financial operational policies and processes for the business
- In depth knowledge and experience to provide strong financial decision support to the business.
- Able to take a holistic view of the business with a financial focus.
- Understands financial data to provide value-added insight.
- Up to date knowledge of best practice in accounting processes and accounting systems.
- Have strong business acumen and highly developed commercial experience
- Experience in strategic decision making
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- High level experience and skills working with stakeholders
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.