Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Purpose of the Role
The Tax Lead will be responsible for the end-to-end tax management by providing comprehensive oversight of Tax accounting operations for the business through developing and implementing the key tax policies to ensure compliance of the Kenya tax regulations and to support the business in providing Tax advisory for decision making.
- Provide Tax advisory services to business stakeholders.
- Carrying out research on corporate tax matters using available knowledge, tools and UTK tax partners.
- Preparing and delivering internal as well as external presentations on Tax.
- Manage the company Transfer pricing policies and reviews them regularly to ensure compliance.
- Develop Tax reporting or management tools/systems for the business
- Keep up to date with current tax legislation of the country and prepare regular updates for the Finance teams, as well as organizing continuous Tax trainings for relevant staff.
- Own the Tax policy documentation and ensure their implementation e.g., the intercompany transaction services that is subject to Tax service
- Manages end to end Monthly/Annual tax matters e.g., compliance across the business viz PAYE, Company income tax, withholding tax, investment deduction, VAT, VAT refunds e.t.c
- Filing and reconciliation of all the Tax returns for the business.
- Liaise with other Finance operations to ensure the business pays the correct taxes on time.
- Coordinate all the Tax audits for UTK.
- Interpret new tax statutes and determine implications for the business
- Examine business compliance with tax laws and explore opportunities for more tax efficient ways of operation.
- Liaise with the company tax consultants on all the Tax support that maybe required from time to time.
- Develop an internal control framework for Tax to Ensure adherence to company policies to minimize tax exposures
- Attends to general queries from the Kenya Revenue authority
- Support the payroll team in tax aspects of all employee payments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent professional qualifications
- CPA K/ACCA
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a professional Tax services is a must.
- Excellent understanding of the business Tax regime in Kenya
- Sound knowledge of Accounting principles and practices
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Excel skills desired.
- Should be a good Team Player.