Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sous Chef – CySuites Apartment Hotel
Cysuites Apartment Hotel is an apartment hotel located along Church Road, off Waiyaki Way in Nairobi’s bustling Westland’s area. The hotel offers 32 two-bedroom apartment, 6 one-bedroom apartment and 2 penthouses.
These apartments offer contemporary living and working spaces fitted with amenities to meet the needs of short and extended stays to both business and leisure travellers
The all-day dining restaurant serves a variety of both Kenyan and continental dishes. The bar area features a fine selection of wines alongside a wide range of spirits and Signature Cocktails.
The hotel has fitness facilities to help you keep up with your fitness regime while staying with us.
CySuites Apartment Hotel is looking for a modern and passionate Sous Chef
- Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts
- Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated
- Ensure that chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view
- Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures
- Ensure that all relevant banquet set-ups are prepared ahead of guest’s arrival and in adherence with hotel standards
- To ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly
- Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly
- Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlets including banquets
- Ensure that a consistent first class product of the highest quality is achieved and maintained in all culinary areas, whilst adhering to operational deadlines
- Be aware of new items, which are introduced onto the market and keep up with the lasted product trends
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Diploma or higher national diploma in food production
- Certificate in Food production
- Experience as a sous chef for at least three years
- Knowledge in HACCP
- Excellent record in kitchen and staff management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Point of Sale and restaurant management software
- Exceptional cooking skills